carvynick

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Brian and Jo, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

hi there,have any rv members ever stayed at the carvynick resort in cornwall.we are thinking of going this year and would welcome any comments thx:thumb:

2. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

We have visited Carvynick many, many times over the last four years so we are probably very biased but we love it. It is specifically designed for RV's and is within fairly easy driving distance to anywhere in Cornwall. Close to Newquay, a surfers haven as well as Truro, a shoppers haven.
    Petrol, diesel and LPG cheaper than almost anywhere else in the Country and air so fresh and full of oxygen that you will take a couple of days to acclimatise.

There was an RV Club (not to be confused with the ARVE) Rally held here over Christmas and the New Year where over 40 RVs were on site - many of them staying longer than they had planned, simply because they enjoyed their stay!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  3. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I never realised it was so reasonably priced, does this include the use of the jacuzzi?

Looking at the youtube my bus would look right out of place though:Blush::Blush:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I can see why, if they put as much effort into the site as the web site then it must be good.

5. NEV3

NEV3 Read Only Funster

Stayed there about 4 or 5 years ago before they expanded to their present size. Excellent well run site with a very good restaurant and indoor pool included in the price. (was then anyway!)
    Haven't checked on their prices recently, but at the time they were quite reasonable.

NEV3

6. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

hi john, dont talk daft your bus is as good as anyone elses,so dont put urself down:thumb:

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I was thinking some joker would come up, look at ours and say "hey buddy did you bring that on an A frame ?

8. Chudders

Chudders Read Only Funster

Don,t have an RV but do have a 26ft European motorhome. I live in Newquay and know Carvynick quite well. Went there just before Xmas for a Motorhome rally. They have just opened up a new site area as well as the original. All pitches appear to be fully serviced, i.e. electric, water tap and waste water drainage point and hard standing. All individual to each pitch. The restaurant is called 'Viners' and is on site. I think the chef is called Kevin Viner) Locally a very well known and respected restaurant not just for those staying on site. There is a heated indoor swimming pool etc and as far as I know all site facilities are included. Also a badminton court if available. A lovely site and yes we stayed there for a few nights even though we only live about 4 miles away at Newquay. For those that want to look at RV,s there are loads there for sale and the sales part is known as 'Itchyfeet'. About a mile or so off the main A30 trunk road through Cornwall. Easy to get at but the last few hundred yards are down a country lane but not very busy road.
    If you need more info let me know.
    Reagds, Dave

9. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

Yes I went to look at an RV for sale there...................looks a beautiful site dude :Wink:

Boo