Carver fanmaster wall control needed (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I do seem to collect all the problems !
Number one son has just joined us with a motorhome after selling his caravan
It is a nice unit dating from 1996 on a Sprinter chassis ( cannot remember the body makers )
Sorted out most of the little niggles but there is a biggy.
It is fitted with a Carver fanmaster hot air system .. the one with the all singing all dancing controller that switches from 12 to gas to mains..
The motor its self was siezed solid ( sorted that out easy enough ) but the controller board looks like it has been on fire !
Anyone got any idea where a new unit can be bought from ?

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
theres a bloke in nottingham http://www.arcsystems.biz/ that bought up all the carver cascade heaters when carver went, he also buys carver space heaters and re-furbishes them, so he may have the bit you need, or at least know who can supply one or if the relevent truma part will work (truma bought carver out, then dumped all carvers products to promote their own)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers peeps !
Will give hi a ring tomorrow :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
theres a bloke in nottingham http://www.arcsystems.biz/ that bought up all the carver cascade heaters when carver went, he also buys carver space heaters and re-furbishes them, so he may have the bit you need, or at least know who can supply one or if the relevent truma part will work (truma bought carver out, then dumped all carvers products to promote their own)

What an amazing man ! He really knows his stuff and we had a long chat about a few things :Smile:
He has what I need and gave me the info needed to repair the big control panel actually in the fire ( proly just one of the power transistors gone which is an easy fix )

So many thanks once again for a most excellent 'lead' :thumb:

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
he is a great bloke isnt he, i spent hours at his workshop talking about heaters when i was first converting my motorhome, very free with his advise, and will help you out repair something for pennies when he could sell you a new item for hundreds.

and of course, if you have a carver cascade water heater, he's the bloke to get your spares from, when the burner tube eventually rusts away, he can provide the new bits from stock,
try asking truma.. and they will sell you their version of the heater... i think they are still smarting at getting rid of all of carvers ideas, as it allowed someone to make the henry heater whcih is a cascade 2 re-badged, just shows when you have a good design people want to buy it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back