CARTHAGO STAND - NEC SHOW, Funsters Offer! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
QUOTE="Judgemental, post: 1576779, member: 8272"]@ £10,000 + more then an import?...Righty ho:D

Ok - I tell you what we will do Eddie - you get the full spec for your Brand new in the showroom T143 priced in Euro in Germany or wherever? and I will get the Full spec of the van offered to Funsters here in my first post at £59,995 and we will compare them then eh?

I might even let you off the extra cost of your quoted budget for personally import at £2k - then we have to agree a Euro exchange rate of course.[/QUOTE]
QUOTE="Judgemental, post: 1576779, member: 8272"]@ £10,000 + more then an import?...Righty ho:D

.[/QUOTE]

You dont even quote the build date or the spec, so how do we even know if its brand new...but its certainly not a bargain as you keep pushing. Price I quoted was one picked at random..its up to the buyer to negotiate a discount and do their own due diligence, as I said originally.

I had added 2K anyway for the importation/reg cost. normal achievable discounts between 7-12% but you can get 17% if you shop around. Your convinced, I'm far from it..let others make their own minds up:)

Incidently I have found a factory order (on the Hymer and Carthago we were looking at) worked out a better deal then ones from existing stock. PLus yo get exactly what you want..... if anyone wants a quote PM me

Last edited:
OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
You dont even quote the build date or the spec, so how do we even know if its brand new

Apparently it arrived from Carthago in August this Year - 2015 Model - don't have exact build date yet.

T143 Spec as follows.

Chassis pack

Comfort Pack

Media Pack

Surcharge for media pack

150 BHP

RHD

16inch Alloys

Electric Elements 2X900 Watt

Carpets all through

Barcelona Fabric

Cosy World

Fiat LEDs in headlights £350

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Apparently it arrived from Carthago in August this Year - 2015 Model - don't have exact build date yet.

T143 Spec as follows.

Chassis pack

Comfort Pack

Media Pack

Surcharge for media pack

150 BHP

RHD

16inch Alloys

Electric Elements 2X900 Watt

Carpets all through

Barcelona Fabric

Cosy World

Fiat LEDs in headlights £350

yeah a nice spec..not unusual though, most come with the 3 main packs anyway including 425o chassis as these T 's don't really work at 3500. Problem being some of us wont touch RHD with a barge pole. Your money your choice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
Little bit surprised by this, we are looking at buying a Carthago Chic

http://www.carthago.lv/en/gurantee-and-service

Two hours labour within the first three months to check if the PDI was done properly, which is chargeable, or warrantee is void.
No mention when getting quotes or talking to salesmen that the six year water ingress warranty only lasts for 60,000kms and the ten year warranty, which is an extra, only lasts 100,000kms.
Is the the norm for German vans?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Two hours labour within the first three months to check if the PDI was done properly, which is chargeable, or warrantee is void.
No mention when getting quotes or talking to salesmen that the six year water ingress warranty only lasts for 60,000kms and the ten year warranty, which is an extra, only lasts 100,000kms.

Lenny mentioned this earlier in thread.... Have never heard of it previously. Did not know about mileage limit... is that a real problem for motorhomes? Most do nothing like 100k

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
E="Judgemental, post: 1577091, member: 8272"]Lenny mentioned this earlier in thread.... Have never heard of it previously. Did not know about mileage limit... is that a real problem for motorhomes? Most do nothing like 100k[/QUOTE]
100,000 equals 6,000 miles a year. I dont do that at the moment in the camper but I am looking at retirement. 15,000 miles a year on average on my bikes, and they really are toys. Never paid for a first service before if it was carried out by the suppying dealer, just anothrr cost to include in the sums I suppose
I have always wanted a Merc, I do like the Hymer ML I 620, must get to Premier to have a look and a chat. Lady at Moser is being most helpful with a Carthago and they are Hymer dealers as well

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
E="Judgemental, post: 1577091, member: 8272"]Lenny mentioned this earlier in thread.... Have never heard of it previously. Did not know about mileage limit... is that a real problem for motorhomes? Most do nothing like 100k
100,000 equals 6,000 miles a year. I dont do that at the moment in the camper but I am looking at retirement. 15,000 miles a year on average on my bikes, and they really are toys. Never paid for a first service before if it was carried out by the suppying dealer, just anothrr cost to include in the sums I suppose
I have always wanted a Merc, I do like the Hymer ML I 620, must get to Premier to have a look and a chat. Lady at Moser is being most helpful with a Carthago and they are Hymer dealers as well[/QUOTE]

I always say don't be seduced by dealer spiel...Do your own due dilegence (as you are). Because as per usual the devil is in the detail. All relevant good and bad info on the net if you care to dig.

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Incidently I have found a factory order (on the Hymer and Carthago we were looking at) worked out a better deal then ones from existing stock. PLus yo get exactly what you want..... if anyone wants a quote PM me

I can quite believe that too Eddie - I did exactly that with the Dealer making this offer to the Funsters here - he has taken my order to my exact specification and delivery is in March AND at a price as I've said in the first post - very close to what I would have paid with a personal import. Lucky I didn't leave it later as delivery dates have extended with the number of orders Carthago got at Dusseldorff show and their increased demand elsewhere.

The offer here is to have Immediate delivery on 2016 show vehicles - AND don't worry about build date - they are coming HOT straight from the factory.

O - and don't worry too much about the spec or worries about possible creaking shower trays - rest assured Carthago will be ensuring they present their products in the best light with all the goodies to attract us :)

Funsters can as I've said before PM me as some already have and the Dealer will provide them with a quote for their exact specification of Model and discuss PX if required - delivery May /June now I believe.

(Please excuse him if he doesn't respond too quickly - he's a busy guy but I'm getting him trained a bit better on that front too :) ).

Alternatively he will provide the full spec of the model of their choice which might be one of the 8 vehicles he owns on the Carthago Stand - if a deal is struck before the show its theirs - if not it will be held for them till mid day Tuesday for their final decision.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

So..... you have to return the van to supplying dealer (and get charged for the privilege) so that THEY can check that THEY carried out PDI correctly? Does that make sense to anyone? as it don't to me!lol

maybe take it somewhere else but then again your up against the other elephant in the room, "yeah we will look at it in maybe 2 months cos you did not buy from us" mentality

Back to your original question. 4.5 years into my Euromobil 6 year warranty damp was found on day of PX, dealer called euromobil, they confirmed warranty valid and PX went ahead as t previously agreed price. nothing was said re milage. I got the same price as I had been advertising it for in the UK. This one of the main reasons we opted out of UK market. you get treated fairly and professionally with great prices in Belgium/Germany

and to the person that was told ( i suspect by a dealer trying to shift old stock) 2015 vans the same as 2016.......wrong!:)

Like Hymer there are new interior finishes & fabric choices + new technology

Carthago Motorhomes 2016 – press releases
  • With a new brand and new structures, the Carthago Group is driving into the future with confidence
  • Carthago c-compactline: the only slender integrated motorhome with all features of the premium class
  • Carthago chic c-line: Best seller of the brand progressively further developed
  • Carthago chic e-line/s-plus: new generation, new optic, new technology, new models
  • Carthago c-tourer I: new optic for the super lightweight all-rounder
  • Carthago c-tourer sport: from Duo to Trio, premium class at an attractive price
  • Carthago in 2016: the new generation of chic e-line / s-plus, facelift of the c-tourer I, another c-tourer sport and many new details
  • Carthago highliner: true motorhome greatness – top class instead of great mass
  • Carthago c-tourer T / chic c-line T: continued development of the semi-integrated motorhomes
  • The comfortable campervans from malibu in model year 2016

http://www.carthago-presseportal.de/index.php?Carthago-press-release-2016

Last edited:
OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Like Hymer there are new interior finishes & fabric choices + new technology

Carthago Motorhomes 2016 – press releases
  • With a new brand and new structures, the Carthago Group is driving into the future with confidence
  • Carthago c-compactline: the only slender integrated motorhome with all features of the premium class
  • Carthago chic c-line: Best seller of the brand progressively further developed
  • Carthago chic e-line/s-plus: new generation, new optic, new technology, new models
  • Carthago c-tourer I: new optic for the super lightweight all-rounder
  • Carthago c-tourer sport: from Duo to Trio, premium class at an attractive price
  • Carthago in 2016: the new generation of chic e-line / s-plus, facelift of the c-tourer I, another c-tourer sport and many new details
  • Carthago highliner: true motorhome greatness – top class instead of great mass
  • Carthago c-tourer T / chic c-line T: continued development of the semi-integrated motorhomes
  • The comfortable campervans from malibu in model year 2016

http://www.carthago-presseportal.de/index.php?Carthago-press-release-2016

Many Thanks for that Eddie,

So - Funsters we can be sure that the models we will be seeing on the Carthago Stand at the NEC show will reflect what Carthago are saying in their Press Releases - as Eddie points out if you go to the link you can download the full details.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
what models will be on the Carthago stand, will they have any of the RWD models they always seem to be missing at shows, when I asked why I was told that they could not sell enough to warrant a show model.

Martin

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Well that was a lively debate!

Thankfully we were able to see what we wanted at Lincoln and SWMBO has discounted the Carthago range on the basis that the Hymer bedroom is superior and the Hymer is tasteful, not full of gaudy bling.

Now its just down to saving the money!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Don't know whether or not it's superior, but I can vouch for its comfort.

My wife does not like to be hemmed in by wardrobes and cupboards above and beside her head as it makes her feel claustrophobic and the Hymer is better in this regard plus it has opening windows closer to where her head will be in the bed and that decided it for her. I'd be happy with either!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
a mate who lives on south coast rang local Hymer dealer regards faulty tap..4 weeks before they would get one. emailed german dealer, they said send a photo and it will be posted by return.
German dealers are far bigger than UK ones and carry large stocks. I suspect Hymer are out of stock as the UK dealer in question has weekly deliveries from Hymer.
Had a message from Tom saying he had booked it into the local dealer.

Trying to get my batteries sorted at Bad Waldsee, just got an email back from Hymer referring me to their dealer list and stating I quote

"Regarding warranty repairs you have to contact your next located Hymer Dealer or your Hymer Dealer from which you’ve bought your Exsis i 678.

These two are responsible for any warranty repairs"

And gave me the address of my local Sussex dealer, not a lot of good in Greece but shows the Pan European Warranty works.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
The offer here is to have Immediate delivery on 2016 show vehicles - AND don't worry about build date - they are coming HOT straight from the factory.
Don't count on it I have two friends who both took delivery of new Carthago's in March 2014 both were built on 15 month old chassis & cabs, if you only do 5-6000 miles a year that's 25 % of your tyre life gone, not to mention any Fiat or Al-Ko mods you are missing out on.
One was RHD & the other LHD, I know for certain the LHD was factory order & I think the RHD was also.

Both the Hymer's we have had have been built within a few weeks of chassis build.

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
what models will be on the Carthago stand, will they have any of the RWD models they always seem to be missing at shows, when I asked why I was told that they could not sell enough to warrant a show model.

Hi Martin,

Yes - there will a RWD: an s plus on an Iveco chassis.

Along with,
c-tourer sport I 144 Heavy
c- tourer T148 H/light.
chic c-line 5.8XL
chic e-line I51 Yachting
sports tourer I148

and two others that I don't have info on at the moment.

All eight are owned by the dealer making this offer to Funsters.

Chris.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
a mate who lives on south coast rang local Hymer dealer regards faulty tap..4 weeks before they would get one. emailed german dealer, they said send a photo and it will be posted by return.
German dealers are far bigger than UK ones and carry large stocks. I suspect Hymer are out of stock as the UK dealer in question has weekly deliveries from Hymer .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp

Strange link (carthago.lv) and I can't get it to open.
My mate after being ripped off on the 3 month check made some inquires & I beleive the result was you do not need either the 3 month check or an annual habitation check for the warranty, rip of Britain again.

I've had 2 Hymers over the last 7 years, never had a habitation check never had any problems with getting warranty work done.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Lenny, would any of the repairs been damp issues. I think that is where the annual hab check record is interrogated for warranty. You may for example have a small leak which goes unnoticed by the eye for some time which then reveals itself and you have major grief going on behind a panel. This would have been detected by a damp check, they would say and void your warranty.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Lenny, would any of the repairs been damp issues. I think that is where the annual hab check record is interrogated for warranty. You may for example have a small leak which goes unnoticed by the eye for some time which then reveals itself and you have major grief going on behind a panel. This would have been detected by a damp check, they would say and void your warranty.
I was referring to a habitation check which has no bearing on the annual damp check which you do need.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp

Ok - I tell you what we will do Eddie - you get the full spec for your Brand new in the showroom T143 priced in Euro in Germany or wherever? and I will get the Full spec of the van offered to Funsters here in my first post at £59,995 and we will compare them then eh?

I might even let you off the extra cost of your quoted budget for personally import at £2k - then we have to agree a Euro exchange rate of course.[/QUOTE]
Blimey that's expensive, the T class is €10,000 cheaper than the equivalent A class, at current exchange rates I would have expected below 50k.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp

Blimey that's expensive, the T class is €10,000 cheaper than the equivalent A class, at current exchange rates I would have expected below 50k.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Well that was a lively debate!

Thankfully we were able to see what we wanted at Lincoln and SWMBO has discounted the Carthago range on the basis that the Hymer bedroom is superior and the Hymer is tasteful, not full of gaudy bling.

Now its just down to saving the money!
wise .....

Have never had a habitation check. 60€ damp inspection/test was all that was needed for the warranty.

incidentally the same dealer being discussed here I believe offered me a factory fresh order on a I not T model for less then this so called "offer". The I's are approx £8K more then T's and that's new not old demo stock......Some deal!

4 people I have know well for years and whose opinions I trust have gone for Hymers after looking into this. As I said earlier if any one thinks they are buying into trouble free motorhoming by spending more money they are severely deluded. Plenty of information on the German, Italian, and french brand specific forums...

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
[/QUOTE]
Blimey that's expensive, the T class is €10,000 cheaper than the equivalent A class, at current exchange rates I would have expected below 50k.[/QUOTE]

I explained that at the beginning of thread Len...:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Blimey that's expensive, the T class is €10,000 cheaper than the equivalent A class, at current exchange rates I would have expected below 50k.[/QUOTE]

I explained that at the beginning of thread Len...:)[/QUOTE]

Tommy got a similat layout T class Hymer a month ago, on the road here for £42K:censored:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
The dealer I bought my a class c-tourer from told me all were built in Germany but the"cheaper" ranges were sent to Slovenia for all internal fitment to be carried out. That included the c-you're range.

I'm very pleased with mine which has a solid solid shower tray and good bit on all drawers and cupboards.
Your dealer obviously hasn't got a clue to how motorhomes are assembled, if you understand the the assembly method you would know it is not possible to do that. Another dealer I would give a wide birth, can't stand salesmen who don't understand their product.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Your dealer obviously hasn't got a clue to how motorhomes are assembled, if you understand the the assembly method you would know it is not possible to do that. Another dealer I would give a wide birth, can't stand salesmen who don't understand their product.

Indeed.....have you seen their prices!lol bottom of the range i 138 was £25,000 more then an import:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back