CARTHAGO STAND - NEC SHOW, Funsters Offer!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Freespirit1, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freespirit1

Freespirit1 Read Only Funster

A number of the vans on the Carthago Stand at the NEC show are owned by a large UK Carthago dealer that has given me FIRST REFUSAL for FUNSTERS on their purchase for the limited period up till mid day latest ( Tuesday) of the first Day of the show . Please PM me if you are seriously interested in a purchase of a Carthago with your particular choice of model and I will tell you if it’s available – I will then confirm a price for you from the Dealer well in advance of the show, who will reserve this vehicle for your refusal or purchase on the stand in the usual way.

I am promised that you will be getting a quoted price that should be extremely competitive . I have already committed myself to the purchase of a vehicle which I have specified and can assure you that having got quotes from all the others is by far the best and furthermore very close to what I would have paid by personally importing it myself.

To give us a taste for these good deals – this dealer has immediately made available:

Carthago c-tourer T143 Brand new in the showroom discounted to us at £59,995 - those seriously looking will know what a great deal that is! - PM me if you want it?

Chris.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Hi Chris
    What's the discount % on the van you've quoted as an example?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Call me sceptical but with the strong pound I find hard to believe they can get anywhere near a personal import price,unless they're doing the paperwork !

Vlad

• Like Like x 2
  4. Freespirit1

Hi Robert,

At a minimum from my calculations "24.05% - if that helps!

5. Robert Clark

At face value that's a substantial discount!
    I wonder how many MH buyers pay full price?

6. fleurette

fleurette Funster Life Member

Hi Chris,
    Do they do part exchange if i was interested?
    Nigel

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Freespirit1

Hi Nigel,

Yes they do - with my order they have given me a trade in price on my existing van which is a bit less than I paid for it in May privately but I have the option to sell it privately before I take delivery of the Carthago - to be honest I might just let them have it without the hastle of selling privately.

8. fleurette

fleurette Funster Life Member

Thanks for that Chris, am going to the show with a view to have a look at Cathargo plus other makes as am a bit undecided as to which brand to purchase it's just a pity that I haven't made that decision yet

9. Freespirit1

Have a look at the thread "Hymer or Carthago" on here - its very informative and might help you. This dealer sells other Brands as well and am sure we can get a good deal for you on another make if you go that way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

New models all launched at Dusseldorf a few weeks ago so anything in the dealers needs to shift before it becomes last years model so sure there will be discounts to be had. One thing to bear in mind if you buy from a dealer well out of your area is that you might have a lot of travelling to get serice/warranty work done.

Martin

• Like Like x 2
  11. jonegood

jonegood Funster

So they re on mobile.de for about £51K I would imagine at this time of year you could screw a bit more out of them as they will be trying to get rid of the 2015's as Martin says.

Dont know about the specs on the UK one but these seem to be 150hp on heavy chassis.

BUT, if you were buying a carthago, why wouldnt you go for an a A class and enjoy the extra space better view and a drop down bed if you wanted one?

Jon

• Like Like x 3
  12. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Indeed........the A class in a different league. You can order 2016 models since August. Just make sure they have at least the 3 main packs? Chassis, comfort, media. Personally would not be interested in rhd anyway whatever the price. Still look expensive compared to an import particularly if not a 2016 model

51 for sale on mobile.de from approx £48,000 on the road here. With so much stock and a bit if hard negotiation a good deal could be had, but again would much prefer the A class:)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  13. Huddersfield123

Huddersfield123

We have an M Liner which is now 6 years old it is a fantastic MH but the reason I purchased it was for the headroom and space ( being 6ft 7 inch tall) ours is only a 2 berth and has every luxury you could want. On saying this it is 8m long and 3.5m high and this causes problems when selecting campsites, going to the supermarkets,filling up with fuel, (15 mpg) and having to de- camp if you want get out and about whilst on holiday.

We have got over this this year by adding a little car ( on an A Frame with no problems) to tow behind. The fuel consumption stayed the same but it turns the combined length of the two into 13 meters.

We have looked at upgrading to a new one on two occasions but we only have 30,000 miles on ours and it's almost as good as new.

I think a new one is about £150k ( with no extras) so if you are getting 25% of that and you are buying for around £115k you will be buying in my opinion the best MH on the market

• Like Like x 2
  14. Robert Clark

If you buy from a UK dealer, service and warranty will be easier as some UK Carthago dealers refuse to support vans they didn't sell

• Like Like x 1
  15. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Just pop into Belgium dealer when going on holiday for yearly checks etc....and get proper service at a fair price

• Like Like x 1
  16. Popeye

Popeye Funster

That may well be true but if they wish to keep the Franchise they will not be able to refuse I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Freespirit1

Well - the only changes that Carthago have made from the 2015 models to the 2016 models is restricted to just the s plus and the e line models. The c-tourer T143 offered to us is a 2015 model - identical to the 2016 model - just checked out with Carthago dealer (who will be on the stand at NEC).

• Like Like x 1
  18. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Might have some long lead times for workshop space though(y)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Robert Clark

The sad reality though is that some do refuse
    And I can't imagine any manufacturer is going to dump a long term trading partner if they are selling loads of vans

• Like Like x 1
  20. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

Would be interested what price a Chic S Plus with the Iveco 3.0L (205 HP) and new ZF8 Auto Gearbox would be ?

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.