Carthago scooter garage, has anyone got one (1 Viewer)

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We have just swapped from a scooter carrier to a side loading Armitage trailer on the back of a 7.4m Pilote. Having been round France, we have decided that our next m/home should either have a short overhang for the carrier or be short so that a trailer is ok on aires. Another option is the Carthago with a scooter garage.
Assuming that a Honda PCX is the "scooter" designate, then will it fit in? is the weight ok? being an ALKO chassis, will I need air suspension? Is the load margin ok at 3500kg ?
I anyone running one and can answer the above, it would be useful.

Philk

Mar 11, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It's a long time since you sent your question, but I just picked up on it. Incase you are still looking for information.....
We have recently purchased a Carthago C Compactline I138 which is the baby of the fleet. It measures 6.4m, is narrower than average and has a garage accessed by a large door on either side. Our Honda Vision 110 scooter rides in it quite happily. We use a ramp to roll her in and secure her with Fiamma chocks and straps. She drives realy well, without need for air suspension. We have put her on a weigh bridge and she is within permitted axle weights and payload. We also carry our bikes!
I know our scooter is not exactly the same as yours, but I believe they are similar. We started off having to remove the mirrors to put her in, but have now replaced them with bar-end mirrors and they work realy well.
Like you we wanted a vehicle that would do away with a trailer and make us more aire-friendly. About to head off on our first continental trip to prove the point!
Hope this is of interest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
philk

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Somertonion,
Thanks for the reply. We have bought an i138 as well. But, since then we have swapped the scooter for a BMW GS 650 fully panniered and have a bespoke trailer which is an easy drive on or roll off and takes the bikes as well. I have though considered a vision 110 as an option sometimes.

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back