Free Member
Jan 5, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi all,

I'm a complete beginner and have a question about draining waste water. We bought our Carthago just before Xmas and have so far only spent two trial single nights in it as Xmas and New Year had to be got through and there is no where to store it near home and it is in a storage location 90 minutes away.
On our last one-night-stand there was a drain point on our pitch but even with the 4ft extension hose that came with the van I couldn't get the waster water to reach. Then we tried the drive-over waste point but because of the limited corner access we couldn't get the van in the right position for that either. (I'm still a beginner when trying to maneuver something the size of an HGV too)
I thought I could get a standard extension hose with a bit more reach so I didn't think to measure the hose or the waste pipe and now searching online I don't see anything with the sort of diameter I think I need - around 4 inches or so.
Has anyone out there been here before and can tell me what I need?
Just to set the scene and let you know of the steepness of my imminent learning curve - the plan is to set off into Europe long term travelling in April!

All advice gratefully received.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I dont bother with a dirty pipe so if I cant drive over I just use a bucket for the short walk, comes in handy if we are someplace where you water the hedges for them as well, and you can keep your hose pipe in the bucket, and you can wash your shoes in it, and, and.

Everything in a MH should have more than one use (if possible) to make it worth taking.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
I bought a length of corrugated hose and the coupling from a local pond supply place. I took the existing short hose/pipe along to make sure I got the correct fit. I ended up buying a long length of hose which I cut into 2/3rds 1/3rd, 2 connectors and a connector joint. This gives me the short hose which I don't use any more (I could have used the coupling on one of the new hoses but didn't think of that until after I'd bought the bits), a 2mtr hose, a 3mtr hose and a 5mtr if I join the 2 and 3 together.

Failing all that it's magic bucket time

Allan

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi all,

I didn't think to measure the hose or the waste pipe and now searching online I don't see anything with the sort of diameter I think I need - around 4 inches or so.
All advice gratefully received.
Hi and welcome.
I don't think it will be 4" Hymer is 40mm and my mates Carthago is a lot smaller probably 32mm, have a look in garden centres that do pond equipment, they stock convoluted hose in various sizes.
If it is 4" you probably have a macerator type toilet with a black water holding tank, need to be emptied into a sewer not jut a waste water empty point.

Black water = Toilet waste
Grey water = waste water from sink, shower etc.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Panda-will

Free Member
Jan 5, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks all, looks like a magic bucket is a good option when all else fails :) I must try and remember to look for simple solutions first.
Once I've measured up this weekend I'll be down to the DIY store for hose too.:Ta2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back