LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Just seen an interesting advert for one of these. The specific model is not stated but it is LHD with a 3 litre Iveco chassis and engine and was first registered in 2009 and has rear wheel drive with twin rear wheels and is a 6 berth with 4 travelling seats.

Has anyone got one of these or had one that can offer any advice on their quality, reliability etc?

Its got the long coach type sticking out forward rear view mirrors that makes it look like a bit of a bug!

Love to hear any feedback good or bad!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not my cup of tea style wise but can't deny the build quality, the IVECO is a good base chassis as its a commercial vehicle and built to work, if it's "auto" it will be the Agile which is not everybody's favourite but I have heard that they can differ from van to van as it depends of software updates etc, after saying that I have not heard of any failures.

We have the 3litre motor in our Flair running at just under 6 tonne (ours is manual) and whilst not a flying machine it has ample power for a big heavy body and will do low 20's MPG. rear wheel drive is great on a thing as heavy as ours or the Carthago and a diff lock is a bonus in muddy fields.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I understand that Carthago discontinued production of liner class MH's as they were having issues with them.
Think @Lenny HB posted something about this after he visited the Carthago factory last year.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
As many are aware, Italian made automatic gearboxes can be troublesome. Consequently, Iveco have turned to German manufacturer ZF for their latest automatic gearbox. Iveco Dailys now come with the ZF 8 speed gearbox.

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They don't promote the Liner any more but I have heard they will build to special order. Don't know how true it is.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think Carthago is gearing up to mass production, now, so the build of an 'exclusive' is more troublesome and costly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back