Carthago M Liner

Discussion in 'Carthargo' started by Abacist, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Abacist

Abacist Funster

Just seen an interesting advert for one of these. The specific model is not stated but it is LHD with a 3 litre Iveco chassis and engine and was first registered in 2009 and has rear wheel drive with twin rear wheels and is a 6 berth with 4 travelling seats.

Has anyone got one of these or had one that can offer any advice on their quality, reliability etc?

Its got the long coach type sticking out forward rear view mirrors that makes it look like a bit of a bug!

Love to hear any feedback good or bad!

2. Zepp

Zepp Funster

• Like Like x 1
  3. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Not my cup of tea style wise but can't deny the build quality, the IVECO is a good base chassis as its a commercial vehicle and built to work, if it's "auto" it will be the Agile which is not everybody's favourite but I have heard that they can differ from van to van as it depends of software updates etc, after saying that I have not heard of any failures.

We have the 3litre motor in our Flair running at just under 6 tonne (ours is manual) and whilst not a flying machine it has ample power for a big heavy body and will do low 20's MPG. rear wheel drive is great on a thing as heavy as ours or the Carthago and a diff lock is a bonus in muddy fields.

Martin

• Like Like x 1
  4. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

I understand that Carthago discontinued production of liner class MH's as they were having issues with them.
    Think @Lenny HB posted something about this after he visited the Carthago factory last year.

5. rogher

rogher Funster

Cabinetwork is 'bomb-proof'. M-Liners lack nothing. just wish I could drive 3.5+ tonne.

• Like Like x 1
  6. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

7. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

They don't promote the Liner any more but I have heard they will build to special order. Don't know how true it is.

8. rogher

rogher Funster

I think Carthago is gearing up to mass production, now, so the build of an 'exclusive' is more troublesome and costly.

• Funny Funny x 2