Carrefour Fuel Discount - Spain. (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
This thread, I imagine, will be of real interest only to those members resident in Spain or those spending a substantial part of their travelling year here.

Since Carrefour came to our locality last year we have been frequent users of their "loyalty" card, El Club, which apart from in store discounts from time to time, offers a permanent 8% discount on petrol and diesel to card holders.

The card is freely available to all, in stores, requiring presentation of a passport/NIE number and a Spanish address , this may be a problem but it is only for admin purposes....... no proof of address requested and no checks are made.

However (ain't there always a however)

THIS IS NOT A CASH DISCOUNT AT THE PUMP.

Discount is accrued to your club card and and is redeemable three monthly in Carrefour stores against food stuffs etc., cannot be used to buy fuel.

In the year just ending we have "saved" just short of €100 on all fuels purchased and as Carrefour products suit our requirements, it is no problem to spend the 3 monthly "cheque ahorror " in store.

Regards, Bryan

PS: Should have said, card only useable in Spain, other countries with Carrefour presence may run similar.

B

Attachments

• 20131202_164920.jpg
    20131202_164920.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
A very helpful post, I did in the past use that card and get the discount, I then found I could buy fuel cheaper in other garages. That saved me laying out for the Carrafour fuel and waiting for a cheque that I had to spend in the store, which I find a little over priced.

Whilst it will work for some, it's not for me. :Smile:

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
A very helpful post, I did in the past use that card and get the discount, I then found I could buy fuel cheaper in other garages. That saved me laying out for the Carrafour fuel and waiting for a cheque that I had to spend in the store, which I find a little over priced.

Whilst it will work for some, it's not for me. :Smile:

We currently pay, circa, €1.28 at Carrefour, after discount. No offer, anywhere, suits everybody.

Regards, Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
We currently pay, circa, €1.28 at Carrefour, after discount. No offer, anywhere, suits everybody.

Regards, Bryan

You a right, depends which part of the country you are and of course if you can get the card (nif). I pay 1.25 euro at the moment but that's at the moment.

Mine like yours is a very good price.

As I said thanks for the post.:thumb:

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Forgot to say that the card can also be used at participating Cepsa Petrol stations under the same conditions but only 4% at these locations. As Cepsa are generally more expensive anyway, you need to do the sums.

Regards, Bryan

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back