Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
We have fitted carpets in our autotrail Apache. We are looking to replace with something more serviceable ( i.e. not beige! ) The question is do we lay new, bounded, removable carpet on top or have a new carpet fitted? We think that having 2 layers may be beneficial in insulation? There is plenty of room depth wise and doors would not be affected. Any ideas and recommendations of fitters/suppliers would be appreciated. Thanks.:Confused:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When we bought our van the (removable) carpets weren't all that good so we chucked them and bought several of those magic mats (the ones which are rubber backed, (to an extent) take wet and mud off your shoes and are washable) to put on the floor.

We've found those fine and haven't found a need for a double layer.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I bought some of those interlocking foam gym floor mats and cut them to fit. They are warm and soft and can be scrubbed clean. Good insulation too.
Fitting them round the curved edges of the fixed bed and curved bathroom door was difficult but they look pretty smart.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Be careful if fitting carpet over carpet - it will have a tendency to creep and ruck. If you intend to replace with new I would be tempted to have vinyl wood effect with bound carpets over. Much easier to keep clean and replace. The antislip is more effective on this type of flooring.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try these, good chance theysurplied the converters ::bigsmile: Link Removed
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.