Carpets

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jandek, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Jandek

Jandek Funster

We have fitted carpets in our autotrail Apache. We are looking to replace with something more serviceable ( i.e. not beige! ) The question is do we lay new, bounded, removable carpet on top or have a new carpet fitted? We think that having 2 layers may be beneficial in insulation? There is plenty of room depth wise and doors would not be affected. Any ideas and recommendations of fitters/suppliers would be appreciated. Thanks.:Confused:

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

When we bought our van the (removable) carpets weren't all that good so we chucked them and bought several of those magic mats (the ones which are rubber backed, (to an extent) take wet and mud off your shoes and are washable) to put on the floor.

We've found those fine and haven't found a need for a double layer.

3. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

I bought some of those interlocking foam gym floor mats and cut them to fit. They are warm and soft and can be scrubbed clean. Good insulation too.
    Fitting them round the curved edges of the fixed bed and curved bathroom door was difficult but they look pretty smart.

• Like Like x 1
  4. schojac

schojac Read Only Funster

Be careful if fitting carpet over carpet - it will have a tendency to creep and ruck. If you intend to replace with new I would be tempted to have vinyl wood effect with bound carpets over. Much easier to keep clean and replace. The antislip is more effective on this type of flooring.

5. Terry

Terry Funster