Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Some times your local little but busy Carpet sales shop,will knock you some up at a good price...you only have to ask... They may be able to recommend some one if they cannot do it.
Tea Bag

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
My local carpet place did ours but the fitters said don't ever ask us to do it again and don't recommend us to another motorhome owners as they found it the most fiddly job ever when doing the cab area with the seats still in situ :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
If you have the old ones you could use them as a template and get some made up. A doddle to clean the van when you can take the carpets out.

OP
OP
T

The Spongebobs

Free Member
Aug 29, 2015
Oban, Argyll and Bute, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Micky's Motto, Thanks, but we only have carpet in the front cab, there wasnt any other carpets when we purchased it.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Got our local carpet shop to do ours but it was very fiddly . We had them made in sections (6 for whole van) and all the edges whipped . We went for good quality stain resistant and it cost £175 and i am sure the labour involved did not cover their costs.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I fit my own - as I have dogs I use the rubber backed 'dirt gripper' type mats - so long as you take your time and have a good pair of scissors and Stanley knife it's fairly straightforward. The advantage of this is that you can take them out and give them a good scrub, or stick them in a washing machine if it's big enough (or use a laundrette). I used to have a 'green grass' colour in my previous MHs but now have a charcoal one (only sensible colour choice at the time).

Another funster has used 'Flotex' type kitchen carpet which doesn't need binding and can be easily cut to size ... it gives it a more 'decadent' look! :D

Both of these means you can fit it really tight so no crumbs etc go down the sides and underneath.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Our local carpet place made loose lay to replace the originals, and bound them, for £60 all in. We laid them on top of non-slip backing and they work perfectly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back