Carpet Press Studs (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are considering having new carpets made for the motorhome, just the same as we have because the original has now lost it's pile. Does anyone know where I can source the press studs for fixing to the floor of the van? They have a diameter of 15mm across the top button and are finished in silver/chrome.

Ta, Bill

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hiya Bill, the last time I bought some for my carpets I got them from my local haberdashery store, but that was a few years ago...eBay could be your best friend .

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Most caravan accessory shops sell them and the press stud closing tool.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Khizzie, we live in a small place and I know I can't get them here, even the chap that's going to bind the carpet asked me to sort out the studs. I'm currently looking on Ebay but the problem is ensuring they have a long enough shank to fit through carpet.

Rgds
Bill

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Hi Bill.

I bought a couple of kits off eBay a few weeks ago to fit the carpets on our Chausson floor, and they were excellent. Each kit has 10 studs/clips/floor screws and a tool for fitting them as well as a die to hold the studs when you tap them with a hammer. I think they were £6.95 each or something like that and they were advertised as caravan or boat fittings. I will try to find out a bit more, but they fitted through our carpet a treat and were a doddle to fit.

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
It worked, seems just the job, many thanks. Ill order some when we have the new carpet sorted out. Going away on Saturday for a couple of weeks and leaving most of the carpet with the shop, we normally take most of the carpet out for the summer anyway and perhaps this is it.

Once again, many thanks,
Bill

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Update, went round to a local carpet shop today and got a quote of £60 using an end of roll. They can do them tomorrow. I'll order up the snap fasteners once we return from our next trip in a couple of weeks. Many thanks for the above help.

Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back