Carmarthen

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by Dodgey, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

In a word, awsome!

We had a great time, got back 6ish last night, that age old work thing so we couldn't stay:cry:

Weather was amazing, cloudless skys all day Saturday, I think this 'it always rains in Wales' is a rouse to stop us English cluttering up thier roads with our MHs:Rofl1:

As usual (well usual for our three shows so far) exellent company and marshalling (Roger) and thanks to Jim and Sian variously but not least for the bacon butties Sunday Morning:thumb: I did try to be good hiding behind JJs Wagon but you can only watch so many butties walk by before 'resistance is futill' springs to mind:Rofl1:

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

We just got back, sun is still shining, just spent a while watering the veg patch which looked a bit parched to say the least:BigGrin:

Great meet, large gatherings of people, sat in circles in the sun, with plenty of chat and laughter. Nice to see some familiar faces and put names to lots of new ones. We had a great time:thumb::thumb:

3. lady jann

lady jann Read Only Funster

Hi Jim and Sian,
    it was good to meet you both, thank you for the warm welome and all your efforts, it was good to meet many funsters for the first time, we certainly enjoyed a very sucessful event !.

The barber certainly improved rogers apperance will it last ?..:Wink:

We seldom cross the dyke these days but will remember this event this rally and the weather for a long time to come ....

best regards rayval......:Smile:

for ever young !!::thumb:

4. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

hi all we got back Sunday we had a great time and meet a lot of nice people:thumb:

5. lesleyjean

lesleyjean Funster

Lovely to meet some of you guys. Weather was glorious.

We unfortunately only stayed Thursday and Friday night as we had to be back home.

Should have took the dogs with us, but HeWMBO said no.

Still we met lots of happy go lucky FUNsters and look forward to the next one. Roger was a real sport and looks brilliant.

Such a friendly lot and we really enjoyed the meet.

Also nice to meet Jim, sorry we could not stay for the bacon butties, maybe next time
    :Wink:
    :BigGrin:

Lesley and Alan

6. lady jann

lady jann Read Only Funster

Hi Lesley ! sorry i missed you ! had you down for the evening entertainment !:Blush:

regards rayval......:Smile:

for ever young !:thumb::Blush:

7. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Just home and hoovered the van out.

Great meet and hope the stylish Roger does not let himself go back to a Yeti.

8. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Home late last night. What a brilliant weekend. weight lifted off my shoulders. Lovely people and lovely weather.

Thanks to everybody without exception. Roger you are a hero. Jim brilliant organisation and brilliant veggie sausage butty.:thumb: John lovely to meet yu and Bruno. PeterH not only excellent brain for the quizzes but wonderful cook .... ta for the lava bread ... still thinking about it though... thanks as ever to Maggie Chatter, Carol and Ed, and especially a big big thank you to Dick and Barbara (Dellwood) who helped me through so much this weekend and made me laugh continuously so that I have 100% more wrinkles. Thanks to EVERYBODY for the lovely, lovely welcome.

How do I look at the photos please

9. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Great meet as usual, nice seeing/meeting friends both old and new. Roger you are a star, and Jim those bacon butties were great, and Peter i also enjoyed sampling your cooking. Hope to meet up with a few of you at the next meet.

10. Haaamster

Haaamster Read Only Funster

Had a great time and met some nice people,Jim,Maggie,Hayleylulu and of course Roger.
    Sorry if we were a bit quiet but being the newcomers and arriving late meant we were a bit out of the mix if you know what I mean, we will be early for the next one.

Both my friends had a great time (their 1st time in a MH) and Brenda is busy badgering Mick to start looking for one of their own.

Good trip back, I managed to get my old Riviera up to 70mph :BigGrin:
    Only once and it was downhill but even so she didn't complain, then had to have a fuel top up on the M50. £1.32 a litre :Angry:. Think i'll stick to 50mph next time

Thanks for the destinations book Jim, terrific work

11. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

We had a wonderful time and arrived home safely just before 6 pm. Thanks to Roger and Sue for marshalling and Jim and Sian for the bacon butties.

It was great to meet so many people and put faces to the names. We really enjoyed ourselves and look forward to the next one that we can get to.

Kath & Howie

12. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

I'm glad Carmarthens over:Eeek: ------ now I can get to page 2 of destinations:Rofl1:

Had a great weekend with great people and great weather. :thumb:

Many thanks for being gentle with me as my motorhome virginity ebbed silently away:Cool:

Phil

13. champers

champers Funster Life Member

What a great time was had , lovely meeting new Funster's and seeing friends again and the weather was great !

Thank you Roger and Sue for looking after us so well, and for your brave feat for the club!

Thank you Jim and Sian for all you do for us Funster's and the great Bacon Butties on Sunday Morning even though you may have liked a lie in :Wink:

Thank you also to Hayleylulu - Martin and Lyn for the security locks you gave us, which will help somewhat deterring those opportunists jimmying the doors and John some peace from me about it ;0) lol :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

We cant wait to meet up again soon

Kath n John x

14. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Big thanks to Champers (Kath & John) for making me feel part of the crowd.

Once again many thanks.

Phil

PS - got a dent in the bonnet of my van on the way home - a pheasant flew straight into me:Angry:. Sadly (for the pheasant) it won't do it ever again:Doh:

15. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Oh Phil. Poor little bird.:Rofl1:seriously, sorry about the dint . Was great to meet you. Thanks for your company and your help.:thumb:

16. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Sorry to hear about the dent, I hope you had pheasant for Dinner

17. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Everything that everyone else has said :BigGrin: We had a great weekend-put faces to lots of names,but not enough time to meet everyone :Sad:.Many thanks to all who helped us over the weekend,you know who you are.

Mike.

18. Ambilkate

Ambilkate Funster Life Member

Just downloaded our pictures onto the album that Jim has set upfor camarthen, hope it has worked it took ages to do.:BigGrin:

Thankyou for a great meet, we enjoyed seeing and meeting you all and for making us feel welcome . A big thankyou to Roger for making the weekend one we will never forget.

A BIG thankyou to Smudge for Amanda's air horn, she has already been showing it of to some of our villagers. I just hope next doors chickens dont stop laying Ha! :BigGrin:

Amanda sends her love to all her friends new and old. Hope to meet up again soon.

19. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Sorry to hear about this Phil, we can guess how upset you must be feeling about it , at least no-one else was hurt.

Ahh Thanks Phil , but that is what us Funster's like to do, make everyone welcome!

ps it was the Apple Pie and biscuits that cinched it :BigGrin::BigGrin:

Would also if i can on this post "THANK" Mark of CLS after having a very exhausting day sparing time to check over our Fridge to find the fault for us :thumb::thumb::thumb:

John and Kath x

20. highwayman

highwayman Funster Life Member

Well folks once again we had a ball
    So nice to meet friends old and new.
    this Welsh sunshine's addictive, can we book for next year yet??
    Only the popularity's growing and we don't want to miss out :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

cheers....nige&sheree