Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The marquee stared filling up at around 8:30 pm, funsters coming together, chattering, some drank coffee, others had beer in cool boxes that clearly weren't needed as it was decidedly nippy. A regular Funster gathering. Later some music was supplied and and a few of the ladies had a dance and the inevitable sing-song ensued. ::bigsmile: Most funsters were in bed by midnight, but a small group waited up for JJ on his return from Wembley. Just after midnight, the headlights of the car illuminated the marquee. 18 hours after JJ left the rally area, scared that Stoke were going to"nick it" He was back in the marquee, the swagger and the smile were both large. :roflmto:

A few loud ( too loud sorry:Blush: ) choruses of "Congratulations" and "Blue Moon" ensued and we listened to JJ's story of his trip to Wembley and the kissing of strangers at the final whistle.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
About time too, been dreaming about my Crispy bacon roll!

Do you do home delivery? Peter H does,
chop chop.

Ps is the bacon welsh organic?

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Can you confirm postage cost for the supply of a bacon bap through the post please?::bigsmile:

Hope you're all having a great time:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Did the strangers know where JJ has been :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Very crispy bacon please, and only half the bread roll. Preferably dipped.

Ta.

PS if I supply the tomato, could you fry it in your bacon pan for me?

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
They were delicious as usual.

What ever the provenance of the bacon, the pig died for a nobel cause.

(wiping the grease off my chin as I type)

Peter

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I bet JJ is excited still:ROFLMAO: and tired after his long trip have a great time all of you:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Worried funsters had to knock on my door 3 times to get me up to have my butties/lunch I did limit myself to 3 and piece of layter cake.:Smile::winky:

Heavy night last night:drink::yeah:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
The marquee stared filling up at around 8:30 pm, funsters coming together, chattering, some drank coffee, others had beer in cool boxes that clearly weren't needed as it was decidedly nippy. A regular Funster gathering. Later some music was supplied and and a few of the ladies had a dance and the inevitable sing-song ensued. ::bigsmile: Most funsters were in bed by midnight, but a small group waited up for JJ on his return from Wembley. Just after midnight, the headlights of the car illuminated the marquee. 18 hours after JJ left the rally area, scared that Stoke were going to"nick it" He was back in the marquee, the swagger and the smile were both large. :roflmto:

A few loud ( too loud sorry:Blush: ) choruses of "Congratulations" and "Blue Moon" ensued and we listened to JJ's story of his trip to Wembley and the kissing of strangers at the final whistle.

yes it was we could here jj here in bolton:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sounds like you had a brilliant time JJ.... just had a phone call from Camaerthan (Peter and Neil and then others) telling me how you impressed them.... but no JJ:cry: on the end of the line. Sorry the weather wasn't better but it doesn't seem to have stopped most of you having a brill time. Have a safe journey home.:thumb:

Lofty

Free Member
Jul 27, 2010
Englishman in South Wales
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
18 Months
Fabulous company, fabulous singing:winky:, and fabulous BACON ROLLS:thumb:.
Thanks again Jim, keep having fun funsters::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Lofty (Jude n Ken)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Sounds like you had a brilliant time JJ.... just had a phone call from Camaerthan (Peter and Neil and then others) telling me how you impressed them.... but no JJ:cry: on the end of the line. Sorry the weather wasn't better but it doesn't seem to have stopped most of you having a brill time. Have a safe journey home.:thumb:

Shame you could not be here Joy despite the wind and cold and a small show the company was well worth the visit :thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you to Jim and Sian for looking after us at this show albeit a very small affair this year not sure if due to change of date or the change of organisers but the company was great:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Weather could have been warmer but we still enjoyed the fresh air and the bacon butties which were great

It was great meeting the new funsters and those that popped in for the day(sorry to have missed you welshbois perhaps next time) we arrived home this morning we are only an hour away from this venue:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ps have tongs that were left behind...... if you are missing them please pm me

John n Kath

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Thanks to all Funsters for a good weekend. Also thanks to Jim for the bacon rolls. Thoroughly enjoyed them, still getting to know Funsters as this was only our second meet. Shame there was not more traders at the show as the camp site was was busy and the car parks were full every day. Looking forward to the future meets we have booked.
PS Bear say's thanks for all the attention you gave him, and he will be back for more.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am just home and can only say thank Jim for yet another great show. Despite the weather we still seem to enjoy ourselves.

I will be at next years meet there:Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have just arrived back home from the Carmarthen Show. Despite the chilly weather we had a great time. Our thanks to Jim & Sian for marshalling, to PeterH for the Welsh Cakes, and to all of the Funsters present for making it such a good meet. We are now looking forward to Misterton.

Brisey & Pam.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Now parked at my luxury Sennybridge park up after a smooth journey from Carmarthen despite having Jim's trailer (with marquees etc in it) tagging on behind the Wagon.

A fabulous weekend... Thank you Jim and Sian for all your work... Thanks to RR and Bill for the hire car location delivery and return... Thank you Kath and all the people who covered the Wagon with blue and white balloons to celebrate the mighty Wembley victory... thank you Lunarman John for your design imput into the interior Wagon Water Tank Refill System... Thank you Peter for the special, personalised Welsh Cakes... Thank you Smudger for the laptop swivel holder... Thank you Jim for the well priced Steca 2020 solar controller and thank you all the people I should have thanked for your understanding... it has been a long weekend!!!

Well done to the Funsters who shrugged off the poorish weather and made the best of it...

Flinch not brave Funsters... Onwards to Newbury or Misterton and beyond...

JJ :thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Excellent rally - the marqee saw some good evenings now 3 days rest before Newbury :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Was great to meet many friends new and old. many thanks to Jim and Sian without their considerable efforts these rallies would not happen

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This Rally is only 16 miles from my home. I Left the rally field at 5am this morning but only just got home, via a detour to Warrington. :Eeek:Had to get some air bags fitted to the Hymer so it can cope with towing all the rally kit.

Great little rally, it was a first for the new organisers but most traders agreed that for a regional show it was very well attended. As for the rally, it was brilliant, I knew most attendees and met a few for the first time, two marquees kept us in good voice and out of the wind and occasional rain and kept us busy with the erecting and dismantling.. :Smile:

Thanks to Doug Cummiskey for his help with cooking the bacon, as well as Brian, Pam, (Brisey) Kath and John (Champers & Sherriff) )who helped with the preparation and serving. Thanks to those that bought along food to share and a big thanks to all who turned up and made it a most enjoyable weekend:thumb:

Also a special thankyou to John for providing action for my camera when under the influence he stole a childs spacehopper and after two bounces, ate dirt:Smile: Photo to follow::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
This Rally is only 16 miles from my home. I Left the rally field at 5am this morning but only just got home, via a detour to Warrington. :Eeek:Had to get some air bags fitted to the Hymer so it can cope with towing all the rally kit.

Great little rally, it was a first for the new organisers but most traders agreed that for a regional show it was very well attended. As for the rally, it was brilliant, I knew most attendees and met a few for the first time, two marquees kept us in good voice and out of the wind and occasional rain and kept us busy with the erecting and dismantling.. :Smile:

Thanks to Doug Cummiskey for his help with cooking the bacon, as well as Brian, Pam, (Brisey) Kath and John (Champers & Sherriff) )who helped with the preparation and serving. Thanks to those that bought along food to share and a big thanks to all who turned up and made it a most enjoyable weekend:thumb:

Also a special thankyou to John for providing action for my camera when under the influence he stole a childs spacehopper and after two bounces, ate dirt:Smile: Photo to follow::bigsmile:

Love it Jim ... twas was really funny n cant wait to see pics ,Boing,Boing, Boing, splat ! (sp?):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kath xx

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
So the weather wasn't great, the show was small and (for those of us...just me?...who had the pleasure of using it) the shower block was....er.....well...on a positive note it had hot water for 2 out of 3 mornings :Eeek:

But...who cares...thanks to Jim and Sian for making the main reason we go to these events so good :thumb: Thanks to the bacon butty crew....I vote for crispy. And thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, which always means a lot.

Jim...I thought the spacehoppers were confidential and still under wraps, but since you've mentioned them....thanks to John for testing them out in such an entertaining manner :ROFLMAO:

Appropriately, JJ was the last 'van to leave the Funster area today. The happiest man in Carmarthenshire Saturday night/Sunday and he drove all the way back from Wembley to continue the celebrations :notworthy: Not long before he departs these shores for Portugal...safe journey sir...

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

Your welcome Jim, it was a pleasure. Interesting that you should use the spelling of my name that was in fact my father's, mine is different in that it only has one "M" in it.

That should bring a smile to some. LOL.

Doug...

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Carmarthen Show

Thanks to Jim and all who welcomed us to our first real funster rally. Sorry we didn't join in, but with our daughter poping down from Lampeter Uni (with her new boyfriend) and Andies cousin coming over to look for a Motorhome (possible new Funsters) it became a bit of a family reunion.
It just goes to show there is no pressure to party if you only want a quiet break.:winky:

Thanks also to Brian and Mark (CLS) for supplying and fitting our new solar panel at the show. Good Product....Good Services....Good Price (plus a Funsters discount).:thumb:

Cheers Mike and Andrea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back