Carmarthen Motorhome Show 17-19 April (1 Viewer)

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Any more for Wales?::bigsmile:

champers - John and Kath
Jim & Sian
Patrick & Adelle
Lady Jan- Ray & Val
Sweet Chariot
Mr Bluemad
Newly Retired
Mark e
Losos
Winnebago Tony & Ruth
Gloworm - Sue & Eric
Wildman - Roger and Sue
Meggie Ceri
Ruffingitsmoothly Pat
Boo
Losos
Kontiki
UpmarketHippy
Billy&Val

Am I hiding ???:cry: :cry: :cry:

tintinold

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 Months
Carmarthen MH show

Just been speaking to the organisers, they have dropped the price to £26 for the whole weekend (Thursday to Sunday inclusive of the entertainment)

Funsters that have expressed an interest so far are

Jim & Sian
Ash - Steve & Lynn
Bryan & Suzy
Patrick & Adelle
Lady Jan- Ray & Val
Sweet Chariot
Mr Bluemad
Newly Retired
Mark e
Winnebago Tony & Ruth

WE PAY ON THE DAY with this one. Just turn up, tell them you are a Funster and they will send you to our area. Once you are settled in they will collect payment.

This show is now in its 3rd year and its getting better and better. Its right at the end of the M4 so its easy to find. Once there you are less than an hour from The Gower or Pembrokeshire which are both in my top ten of the best places to visit in the UK. if you are interested in coming along, say so here:Smile:

Hi Jim,
you can add me to the list,
thanks
tintin :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Tintin, look forward to meeting you

champers - John and Kath
Jim & Sian
Lady Jan- Ray & Val
Sweet Chariot
Mr Bluemad
Newly Retired
Mark e
Losos
Winnebago Tony & Ruth
Gloworm - Sue & Eric
Wildman - Roger and Sue
Meggie Ceri
Ruffingitsmoothly Pat
Boo
Losos
Kontiki
Billy & Val
UpmarketHippy
Steve4Kay
tintin
Posted via Mobile Device

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi folks
Just found-out we can make this-one :thumb:
However we can't leave till 3,30 friday :Doh: so we're not sure if we'll make-it by the time the gates are closed or-not.
We'll either see you friday evening or saturday morning, depends on the M25 & M4 :RollEyes:

regards...nige&sheree

MotorhomeWales

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Highwayman, your more than welcome to stay outside our premises Friday night, water and 240v available. Only 15 min from the show.

Dan

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Superb Dan many thanks
Could you pm me with your address please
I think hoping to do a four and a half hour trip in four and a half hours on a friday afternoon/evening round the M25-M4 is a touch optomistic. :Doh:
But we'll ava go :thumb:

regards...nige

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Come and join us guys and gals, load of super places to visit along the pembroke coast and the gower it you want to spin out the trip

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
carmarthen

Hi Tintin, look forward to meeting you

champers - John and Kath
Jim & Sian
Lady Jan- Ray & Val
Sweet Chariot
Mr Bluemad
Newly Retired
Mark e
Losos
Winnebago Tony & Ruth
Gloworm - Sue & Eric
Wildman - Roger and Sue
Meggie Ceri
Ruffingitsmoothly Pat
Boo
Losos
Kontiki
Billy & Val
UpmarketHippy
Steve4Kay
tintin
Posted via Mobile Device
Hi Jim , just back from a short trip to britainny, still hopeing to make carmarthen , but vals mum not very good so we have to stay flexable !! so can t garrantee to be there ......

regards ,

ray val........:Smile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Guys, I hope all is well so you can make it, been looking forward to it:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Hi Guys, I hope all is well so you can make it, been looking forward to it:thumb:

Just starting to batten down the hatches and stock up the grog locker, maybe the fridge too !!! We will be on our way from Shrewsbury about 10am....See you all there !! :Cool: :thumb: :ROFLMAO:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Boo can't go as I have to work :cry:

Maybe next year :Cool:

Boo

Dai

Free Member
May 14, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Hi Jim.

We are first time Motorhomefun ralliers, so please could you include us on your list.

This is a local show for us only living some 25 miles away. I hope to arrive 1830pm after work on Friday with our black lab Bonnie. As the wife is is away to a "Pink" concert at the NEC she cannot arrive till Saturday afternoon. She will come down in her Smart car. Can the Smart then be sited alongside the van.

Dai & Karina

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim.

We are first time Motorhomefun ralliers, so please could you include us on your list.

This is a local show for us only living some 25 miles away. I hope to arrive 1830pm after work on Friday with our black lab Bonnie. As the wife is is away to a "Pink" concert at the NEC she cannot arrive till Saturday afternoon. She will come down in her Smart car. Can the Smart then be sited alongside the van.

Dai & Karina

Look forward to meeting you, Show details Link Removed:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We should get to Carmarthen at around 2pm today. See you there:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Was looking to come with RV but weekend after Peterborough and to much upheaval for my dad in and out of care homes so day visitor Saturday with mystery guest:winky::roflmto:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Currently sat in RV at Warwick watching the rain, Decided to drive to the show in the wet as cannot go out in the rain

So Jim please add us to the list should be there about 5 ish

S

stagman

Deleted User
Past the showground several times today and filling up nicely .Weather also looking promising .Anyone going to the Pembrokshire coast ,and want a nice basic campsite with fantastic views over the coast ,and close to the coastal path for just £6 per night ,let me know and I shall give you directions.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Weather Forcast

Raining heavy this morning in Carmarthen but Sat, Sun and Mon supposed to be plenty of sunshine , Enjoy :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
My dad is in a bad way so wont sadly be able to make it as a day visitor.

Sorry Eileen (Dylan) for letting you down.

Poor dad thinks he's been sowing all night bless him but at least he managed to sleep last night.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well what a great weekend. Thanks to all the Funsters that went to carmarthen you were great. We gave out around a 1000 flyers so I am sure we will see some new Welsh members.

The rain held off of on Thursday whilst we put the Funster marquee up. Then the heavens opened so we had a beer or two to test it (kindly donated by Carafit) Friday saw most of the Funsters arrive and frost formed outside the marquee as Funsters put faces to names:Smile:

On Saturday after a day of shopping and (mostly) lazing in the sun, most funsters went to the "shed" to see the "comedian" but were soon back in our own marquee as that was FUNnier. A hard core of Funsters remained in the Marquee well into Sunday morning serenading the members of the MCC who had foolishly thought they would have a quiet weekend when they parked up accross the road from a large tent with two 3m banners proudly shouting MOTORHOMEFUN. :roflmto:::bigsmile:

Sunday saw more lazing around, last minute shopping and an early get together, a communal stew, Pimms, beer and fire-juggling to celebrate Wildman's impending birthday::bigsmile: I have plenty of photos and i will upload them when i have the time and the bandwidth

We left first thing this morning and are now on our way to Peterborough to hand out a few thousand flyers and meet some more Funsters:thumb::thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Carmarthen was our very first trip in our very first camper van and everyone greeted us warmly, it gave us a chance to meet other Fellow Funster's, everything went smoothly (other than getting stuck :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the first 5 mins on arrival :Blush: - thank you Roger and all those that helped us to get moving again :thumb:

It was great being able to put a face to a name also - Special thanks to Sheree for a lovely meal and to "Upmarket Hippy's" for showing us his "fire training" especially for Roger's birthday, it was amazing ! Loved the stewpot also

We had wonderful weather also and can't wait to do it all again!

John n Kath - champers

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Yeh thanks to everyone for a good weekend, we left at 11:00 on Sunday and had a smooth journey home got here at around 19:30.:thumb::thumb:

Looking forward to the next trip with the Funsters, will have to work out which one we can make.:Cool::Cool:

meggie

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
thank to you all for a graet time ,for our first meet ,hope to do it all again soon,,
meggie & ceri:thumb:

tintinold

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 Months
Carmarthen meet

:Smile: My second time out in the MH,
my second MHFun meet,
and not a second of regret,
thanks Jim for a great weekend, & thanks to Upmarket Hippy, and Wildman for their
help with the conopy :thumb::thumb:,

nice meeting Highwayman, & Champers, and hope you all had safe journeys home.

Cheers
tintin.

angep

Free Member
Jul 12, 2008
S/W Wales
Funster No
Well it seems that you had some fun. Could not fail to spot your HUGE banners. We had a lovely show though still tired after building the stand, seeing thousands of people then pulling stand back down again! :Doh:

Hope you all come back again next year, might have time to come over and enjoy the "entertainment" next year!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
finally made it to a meet, we arrived first on the Thursday and sat alone like billy no mates on a huge pitch until Meggie showed up, closely followed by the rest of the funsters. we had a great time thanks to you all, and a special thanks to Jim and his delightful family for making it all possible. It was great putting faces to names and everyone was great company. Sue and I both enjoyed ourselves and look forward to the next one. Maybe next year we will see more of you there.
I'll be back.
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi folks
Hadda cracking weekend thanks to all :thumb:
Went to dylans for a few days after then on to telford to visit rellys
Just home-now
Looking forward to the next-one :thumb: :thumb:

Regards...nige

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Glad you are both home safe and sound. Nice to meet up again and look forward to your next visit :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back