Carioca 656 kitchen sink! (1 Viewer)

redpis

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Funster No
Not sure if this is the right place, but hear goes.

Kitchen sink in the carioca has rusted through with the consequence being a pin-hole, I have done a temp repair (shoved a screw in it).

Does anyone know where to get a new sink, and how do I get the fridge out so I can fix it in when it comes.

Cheers

Ian

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
the fridge is "glued" in. However, you can get at the sink fixings by taking the front panel off of the fridge - the 2 knobs just pull off and there are a couple of screws behind each one. Sorry, cant help with the replacement sink.

OP
OP
R

redpis

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Funster No
the fridge is "glued" in. However, you can get at the sink fixings by taking the front panel off of the fridge - the 2 knobs just pull off and there are a couple of screws behind each one. Sorry, cant help with the replacement sink.

Thanks Dave, thats a top tip, I just would not have known that,

Cheers

ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
try oleary's motorhomes. Most sinks are the same size etc and they may have the answer.

OP
OP
R

redpis

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Funster No
Just thought I would give you an update, the sink cost £59.99 inc VAT from Rainbow Conversions in Wisbech which is just down the road from us, and they had them in stock!

Taking the old one out was not too bad as you didn't have to undo the securing clamps, they could just be popped off, putting the new ones back on, well...... what a nightmare, very fiddly, only working through the gap made by removing the fridge control panel, I thought I was a gynacologist in training :)

Anyway, all sorted and fitted, so thanks for your help.

Cheers

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back