Free Member
Aug 5, 2011
kent
Funster No
MH
ci
Exp
since 2004
I have a 2005 Carioca 635 which so far has been good as gold but recently the water pump does not turn itself off when it gets up to pressure.When the pump button is pressed on the control panel above the door the pump turns itself on but will not automatically switch off it carries on ticking.
Any ides? I assume the pump has a built in pressure regulator which has given up

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I have a 2005 Carioca 635 which so far has been good as gold but recently the water pump does not turn itself off when it gets up to pressure.When the pump button is pressed on the control panel above the door the pump turns itself on but will not automatically switch off it carries on ticking.
Any ides? I assume the pump has a built in pressure regulator which has given up

more likely a leak somewhere, dripping tap, shower head, pipe joint etc.. check that first .

the pump does have a pressure switch built into the end of the pump but rarely go wrong .. the cut off pressure can also be adjusted , there is screw on the end of pump .. IIRC screwing in , (clockwise) increases the cut off pressure.. and visa versa.

OP
OP
L

lee79

Free Member
Aug 5, 2011
kent
Funster No
MH
ci
Exp
since 2004
Cheers mate,

Checked for leaks and the usual but all seems ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Could it be your Dump Valve is open? Happened to me!:winky:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
My 656 pump did that, and it was a leak. Look outside the van for tell tale drips.

OP
OP
L

lee79

Free Member
Aug 5, 2011
kent
Funster No
MH
ci
Exp
since 2004
Checked for leaks and it is dry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
My 656 pump did that, and it was a leak. Look outside the van for tell tale drips.

Ours did the same thing when we first bought it. Turned out to be the outside shower hose attachments bit next to the water filling part inside the flap.
It was below freezing one of the first times we used her and you could see a frozen trickle. That's how we found it.
Only a slight trickle , but enough to set the pump off intermittently.
Ralph soon fixed it , adapted it to take the electric pump to fill her up with water from an aqua-roll. :thumb:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If it is a fiamma pump there is a small allen key adjusting screw underneath (actually on top but fitted upside down) if you adjust it either clockwise or anticlockwise (roughly no more than half a turn as it is quite touchy) then you basically adjust the pressure at which you would like your pump to turn off after you have used your taps/shower.

Shockingly enough same happened to me in carioca 625 and luckily father in law knows about these things, so dont thank me thank my father in law

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back