Carioca 635

Discussion in 'CI Motorhomes' started by lee79, Aug 5, 2011.

1. lee79

lee79 Read Only Funster

I have a 2005 Carioca 635 which so far has been good as gold but recently the water pump does not turn itself off when it gets up to pressure.When the pump button is pressed on the control panel above the door the pump turns itself on but will not automatically switch off it carries on ticking.
    Any ides? I assume the pump has a built in pressure regulator which has given up

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

more likely a leak somewhere, dripping tap, shower head, pipe joint etc.. check that first .

the pump does have a pressure switch built into the end of the pump but rarely go wrong .. the cut off pressure can also be adjusted , there is screw on the end of pump .. IIRC screwing in , (clockwise) increases the cut off pressure.. and visa versa.

3. lee79

lee79 Read Only Funster

Cheers mate,

Checked for leaks and the usual but all seems ok

4. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Could it be your Dump Valve is open? Happened to me!:Wink:

5. 656

656 Read Only Funster

My 656 pump did that, and it was a leak. Look outside the van for tell tale drips.

6. lee79

lee79 Read Only Funster

Checked for leaks and it is dry

7. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Ours did the same thing when we first bought it. Turned out to be the outside shower hose attachments bit next to the water filling part inside the flap.
    It was below freezing one of the first times we used her and you could see a frozen trickle. That's how we found it.
    Only a slight trickle , but enough to set the pump off intermittently.
    Ralph soon fixed it , adapted it to take the electric pump to fill her up with water from an aqua-roll. :thumb:

8. suavecarve

suavecarve Funster

If it is a fiamma pump there is a small allen key adjusting screw underneath (actually on top but fitted upside down) if you adjust it either clockwise or anticlockwise (roughly no more than half a turn as it is quite touchy) then you basically adjust the pressure at which you would like your pump to turn off after you have used your taps/shower.

Shockingly enough same happened to me in carioca 625 and luckily father in law knows about these things, so dont thank me thank my father in law