Careful With Your Warranty (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
This is still an ongoing discussion with the dealers but thought I would get some thoughts/advice.When we purchased this moho it was just over 3 years old. It had been traded in for a new one. Dealer was going to service it prior to pick up when sold on.Quite standard I believe. We were sold it and part of the overall deal was that it still had 3 years manufacturers body warranty left. New owner to contact and register for this to continue. we did this. We got a letter back saying sorry. No. we can't continue your body warranty. Although everything is in order with the paperwork the three year service had been carried out late. Now although this is annoying for us and we are in discussions to get something sorted , how many others out there think they have warranties but don't because the base vehicle was not serviced at the correct time? Any advice or useful suggestions welcome. TIA

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
A really useful warning, thank you!

Immediate thoughts only (can't offer advice, have no expert knowledge)
  1. What a bummer; angst you could well do without
  2. Did the dealers say/ imply it was covered? Did you ask? Did they tell you it wasn't covered?
  3. Your contract is with the dealer, your issue I think will be with them. If you don't get something sorted easily with the mnft then it's up to the dealers to have the discussion with them really, not you
  4. I'd get on to Citizen's Advice & also probably look to return the van - depends how important the warranty is you vs. having that actual mh
Hope you can get something sorted as you'd like it.

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
No help but I wish you well . keep on at your dealer , preferably face to face on a busy sales day .
What gets " serviced " for the body warranty ? Are we talking about water ingress warranty ?. If so nothing gets done apart from checks to see if it is damp .
Ask for a third party warranty ( if you can get one for water ingress ) or a proportion of your money back .
Good luck .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes 3rd party warranty looks your only option now, what they are worth God knows! I'm guessing this not a German van being discused? As thought most warranty's transferable....

As for specific date not being adhered to seems a bit harsh? German van I had had some leighway.....How late was the test, and if it was clear when tested why won't they honour it. Sounds like sharp practice to me! If your keeping it get an independent check.....

Dealer either negligent or dishonest I would return van....sorry

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back