Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
And thank you.

While I was out to lunch yesterday I received the following email, on my phone.

"...
Our security team has advised that your rear hatch and sky light are open, please could you come to site and secure them please.

We note that the number we hold on file is unobtainable, please could you contact us with your correct contact details..."

As soon as I could excuse myself from the lunch I headed back to Cardiff. Sure enought the rear skylight was fully open! I didn't understand the 'rear hatch' part but have since assumed it meant the rear skylight. There was no sign of an attempted entry, nothing was damaged and no sign of water entering through the roof. As it was dark and so I closed the skylight, secured the van and went home. Today, in daylight, I returned and looked at the operation of the skylight locking system and discovered that on closing the hatch the securing button only partially 'popped' out and a little upward pressure on the hatch caused it to pop open, so I'm guessing that the recent strong winds 'sucked' it open.

By gently pulling down on the hatch handle it caused the securing button to pop out further and I'm hoping that was my error and there will be no recurrence of the issue.

To have spotted the open skylight amongst the 1400 vehicles packed on the site was good and to then email me was well appreciated.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Strangely enough exactly the same thing happened to me the other day. Got back home after a few days away over Christmas and saw the rear bedroom roof hatch open. Fearing the worst I checked inside and found that it was dry and nothing amiss. The alarm hadn't even gone off. The neighbour across the road said he had noticed it open during the windy period and texted me, but my phone wasn't on. The wind must have released the catch which couldn't have been fully on. You live and learn.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice to know that the security officers are awake and conscientious yy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
WGlad to read that you were looked after TOM. (y)

We have a great storage facility, and owner. He is so conscientious, and phones you at the slightest problem with your outfit. As well as a card reader gate entry, CCTV, and movement sensors all round the joint, he has a huge German Sheperd that will have your knackers off, should you be in there when you are not supposed to be. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
It's good to know that someone has your back. Ours is parked in a small public car park (seasonal permit), along with a couple of other vans. There was a post on Facebook the other evening that a car had been vandalised there and this was a 'heads up' for anyone else. Fortunately ours and the other vans were ok. Social media can be quite helpful sometimes!

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Strangely enough exactly the same thing happened to me the other day. Got back home after a few days away over Christmas and saw the rear bedroom roof hatch open. Fearing the worst I checked inside and found that it was dry and nothing amiss. The alarm hadn't even gone off. The neighbour across the road said he had noticed it open during the windy period and texted me, but my phone wasn't on. The wind must have released the catch which couldn't have been fully on. You live and learn.
Curious as to which alarm you have, And why it didn't go off. I'm a newbie but still makes me think, If the wind can get in so can the thief. I'm also curious because I'm thinking of getting the growler for my new motorhome.
Mickey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
WGlad to read that you were looked after TOM. (y)

We have a great storage facility, and owner. He is so conscientious, and phones you at the slightest problem with your outfit. As well as a card reader gate entry, CCTV, and movement sensors all round the joint, he has a huge German Sheperd that will have your knackers off, should you be in there when you are not supposed to be. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

I hope that's a dog you're talking about. :xeek:

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Curious as to which alarm you have, And why it didn't go off. I'm a newbie but still makes me think, If the wind can get in so can the thief. I'm also curious because I'm thinking of getting the growler for my new motorhome.
Mickey.
A Sigma S32. Fitted by the dealers, but not an alarm I am very impressed by it has to be said.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back