Carbon Monoxide Detector Wired In? (1 Viewer)

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
image.jpg
Been rummaging around today and there are 2 things that I wasn't sure of. A bit of googling shows that it may be some kind of gas detector. However, I'm not sure how it's wired in (i.e. If it runs all the time, on ehu, or only when the panel is turned on) anyone come across this? Also what is the thing next to the sensor?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The Figaro 813 thing does seem to be a sensor of some sort. The bigger black thing above it looks like a buzzer of some sort. What's on the other side of that panel where the wires are disappearing?

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
The other side of the panel is the circuit board. I will try playing with gas and see what happens!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Maybe too simple but isn't the obvious answer that the buzzer is what sounds if the sensor detects something? The sensor obviously has to be connected to some kind of alert device doesn't it. No point in it being there otherwise.

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Maybe too simple but isn't the obvious answer that the buzzer is what sounds if the sensor detects something? The sensor obviously has to be connected to some kind of alert device doesn't it. No point in it being there otherwise.
That's what I thought too. Then I saw another alarm type thing behind it (see my other post). But then I assumed my solar would keep the starter topped up with my leisure but have been proved wrong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
More photos. This is flashing away at me. I'm guessing that it means it is working- will test it in the next few days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 10

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back