Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We joined the CCC at Newbury and recd the site book yesterday. Compared to the Caravan Club site book I find it complicated and it took a while to get to grips with it.
Any comments Or is it me

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not just you. Indeed, we were talking to the CCC at a show a few months after joining and one of their people asked if we had yet got to grips with the book.

Once you do get used to it, though, it is OK - just a different approach from the CC.

Having said that we use neither book all that much these days. Best source of somewhere to stay is the Out and About section of the CCC magazine and the web site where Meets and THSs are listed :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
at least you can use the book to actually book a site....unlike the CC who are fully booked on day one of the new booking year by cherry picking caravanners.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I don't have the CC book for comparison, but I don't find it too bad.

Apart from the Camping-In-The-Forest section, which is totally useless when it comes to pricing (not that I use those sites any more, now that they've wound me up for various reasons).

Starburst2

Free Member
Jun 5, 2013
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1994
I must admit that being used to ordnance survey maps I find the C&CC book easier, the problem with the CC book is I can never remember which county the area is we want to visit.
Doug

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We have both CC and CCC, as has been said, we find the best part of CCC is the temporarily holiday rally's sites which are a great part of the club and do not need to be booked, often in really interesting locations.

The CL's are really worth while as well.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We don't use the book. We use their sitefinder app on android (not sure about ios sorry)
The app works really well for us.

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Joined both clubs year, but think I will ditch CCC next year as we only seem to bother with the CL's. Only search on the net, the CCC mapping and website is a lot better than the CC, which I find is quite clunky and not user-friendly.

OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thump

SWMBO got fed up trying to find a site and thumped the book onto the sofa and stormed out!!:Angry::Eeek:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Durrrr!!!!

We joined the CCC at Newbury and recd the site book yesterday. Compared to the Caravan Club site book I find it[HI][HI] complicated [/HI][/HI]and it took a while to get to grips with it.
Any comments Or is it me

You wait until you want to book a ferry !! I lost the will to live, gave up and booked through the CC in the end !:Doh:

Oh, and the DFDS cross channel ferries are not on their system !:cry::cry::cry:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
You wait until you want to book a ferry !! I lost the will to live, gave up and booked through the CC in the end !:Doh:

Oh, and the DFDS cross channel ferries are not on their system !:cry::cry::cry:

When I saw reduced DFDS fares on offer through CC, I phoned Carefree (C&CC) and asked why they didn't do it too - so they then got me Dover-Calais return with P&O cheaper than the CC/DFDS offer!! You have to ask them, they are very good!

Catherine

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The book is OK once you get used to it. [HI]Why sheets are called sheets and not just pages is a mystery to me!
[/HI]
Russell
It's because they refer to the OS map sheets.

We've been members of the C&CC for just over 2 years. We've never stayed on one of their main sites and only used a couple of the CSs. However, we've enjoyed numerous stays at Meets/THSs, plan to use several more in the next few weeks (and so on).

The great thing about the Meets/THSs is that most do not have to be booked and they are open to all members no matter what section is running them. Always had a warm welcome when we have arrived - in most cases from people we have never met before - and enjoyed a friendly stay.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's because they refer to the OS map sheets.

We've been members of the C&CC for just over 2 years. We've never stayed on one of their main sites and only used a couple of the CSs. However, we've enjoyed numerous stays at Meets/THSs, plan to use several more in the next few weeks (and so on).

The great thing about the Meets/THSs is that most do not have to be booked and they are open to all members no matter what section is running them. Always had a warm welcome when we have arrived - in most cases from people we have never met before - and enjoyed a friendly stay.

This is the only reason I am still a member, seriously ment to ditch them this year, but the meets are really value for money , been on many but still not met another funster:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back