mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Anyone bought /using a above type awning with their MH, I'm looking specifically at the following:
Kampa Ace Air 400 2015, Kampa Rally Ace 2015, Outdoor Revolution Oxygen Airlite 420 2015
If so love to hear your views of such.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Don't make a mistake as I have just done! I ordered Camptech inflatable caravan type awning at NEC and did not realise door so close to omnistor awning. Van I have just sold had about 7in and awning I had then fitted OK. Check you will have enough height above habitation door and bottom of awning if attaching to Omnistor or Fiamma wind out awning.
I only have 50mm and taking the slope on the roof the door is very likely to catch it so am hopefully will try to cancel my order.
Steve

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Depending on what your motorhome is, some caravan awnings are not tall enough,, You can and i have used one but they are at full stretch....
Autotrails are quite high for example..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I have a Kampa Rally Pro 330 whick has the external alloy poles which I had just bought for my caravan before changing to a motor home. I can use it on my Autotrail Apache high line and is a just fit (the inner mud walls more than cover the small gap at the base of the side walls nearest the motorhome). The hab door just brushes the inner roof fabric but I sort this by putting a length of foam pipe lagging on the roof support pole, thereby lifting the fabric 1" which is enough to clear the door.
Unfortunately I cannot say if this is possible with a Kampa Air

Wobby

Free Member
Aug 26, 2007
Hailsham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
We have an Isabella minor porch awning which we fit to a rail that's mounted underneath the fiamma awning. When it's raining I put out the fiamma first then erect the Isabella underneath in the dry. When away for long periods in Spain I do the same as the fiamma keeps the sun off of the Isabella and us cool.

Wobby

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back