Caravan guard

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by roger, Aug 29, 2009.

1. roger

roger Read Only Funster

Caravan guard insurance, just had a call from them quoting for insurance, anyone got any info good or bad about them.
    Thanks
    Roger

2. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Have used them for a few years now, seem OK but so far [touch wood] never had to call on their services.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

3. duetto owner

duetto owner Read Only Funster

after shopping around gave the best value for best package, in fact a very good all round package. never had to claim, always helpful on the phone, never used any other as still in my first year.

4. SIFTA SAM

SIFTA SAM Read Only Funster

Have been with them for several years. Always found them helpful, but (thankfully) I have had no claims against them.

5. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Roger
    I am with them, I had a little bump in Barcelona this year, Phoned them from Spain to inform them straight away they ask if i needed to to towed etc but fortunately it was not required, when I got back home they soon sorted out the paperwork, I think they are good hope this helps. Pete:thumb:

6. roger

roger Read Only Funster

Thanks for the info, I am with saga and due for renewal on the 12th sept at £347 caravan guard quoted me at £250 and if I wanted to travel aboard extra £25 for comp insurance and £42 to extend the breakdown cover. Seems a good deal

7. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

After becoming immobilised in the New Forest I requested help from them.
    A guy turned up in a small van, opened the bonnet, closed the bonnet. Looked in the fuse box.
    Sucked his teeth, tutted several times. Said he would request a suitable tow truck/low loader and then vanished! So I never did get the chance to test Caravan Guard.

Being a bit (?) peeved I then contacted Fiat Camper Assistance. They were brilliant,honest.

They provided hotel accommodation, meals, taxis and a hire car.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  8. Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot Read Only Funster

I have been insured with Caravan Guard for some years and did have a very expensive claim. Apart from the incompetent Assessor the company were quite good at the end and I still remain with them even after my Blog I submitted on hear.:BigGrin:

PS ensure you inform them of all security measures you have as this assists with discounts don't mention them and they will not ask you.