caravan club ??

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by slickmouse, Sep 1, 2008.

1. slickmouse

slickmouse Read Only Funster

Hi GUYS

My insurance company has said that if i join One of the clubs i will get a decent discount, so far there's the caravan club, the camping and caravaning club,and the gay caravan club!,

Has anyone any idea whats best? I'm not one for joining clubs and stuff but don't want to just spend money to join i'm looking for a bit of vaue and one which will benefit my motorhome.

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

We're members of both the CC and the CCC for the CL's and CS's. As for the Gay Caravan club I suppose it depends on your preferences. :thumb:

3. Braunston

Braunston Read Only Funster

Hi, Have you tried saying you are member of MHFun as I though some of the insurance companies gave disscounts to some of the members of web site's, if you look at the advert down the right handside from (IC) don't they offer disscounts to MHFun Memebers

4. Zoe68

Zoe68 Read Only Funster

I'm a member of the CC&C the rules are relaxing, the THS are fantastic and the district association weekends are brilliant. I'm not sure of what discounts you get though.

Zoe

5. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

wow, love the outfit !

i am with caravanguard, you get free european recovery with them and if you have tracker then its a pittance ! the CC quoted just over a grand ! i fell about laughing, but caravanguard only wanted £320, so with the recovery that's a good deal for an 8 metre MH also protected no claims ! but its your choice ! with your cunning outfit perhaps the gay club might suffice ! ! ! ! :Rofl1:

6. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

we are in the CC only due to the excessive discount it gave on insurance once members. You could just say that you intend to be members to get the quote and then when you have the quote make your mind up.

7. slickmouse

Another dig at theuniform and the federation !!!!

We are locating your whereabouts beam you up and give you a good probing then feed you to Jabba the Hutt AKA John Prescott

8. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

????????:Rofl1: not been on the wine gums have we?

9. slickmouse

Noooooo mind you i just joined the Self Build Motor Caravanners Club, i now get my great quote and discount Hurrrayyy

Up the Klingons

10. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

klingons

definitely up the klingons. do you speak klingon ? :Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

11. bsb2000

bsb2000 Read Only Funster

We are in both CC, & C&CC find them both fine but with C&CC if you're a member of the RAC they'll upgrade your breakdown cover to include your Motorhome F.O.C !! great seeing as the very competative insurance quote I got wanted about £60 for optional breakdown cover.

Ian

12. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Motorhome fun is acceptable to Adrian Flux if you are insuring through them.

We queried it with them because we didnt want to belong to a caravan club when we had a motorhome. They said Motorhome fun would satisfy their "club membership"

13. slickmouse

It was Adrian Flux i went too, also got their breakdown cover at £75 it's a bargain,

Would love to go and get the Klingons removed from my starboard bow but too busy too take the time of :)

14. slickmouse

Hi Guys

Spoke today with Adrian Flux and they told me that to get the discount on my insurance then the only one they would accept was the Motor Caravaners Club

Not too bothered but i had joined the SBMCC as they told me initially it would be ok but they checked up and said NO WAY.

My motorhome is 8250cc and 40 foot long so happy to pay the £75 unrestricted breakdown insurance