Caravan Club (1 Viewer)

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Is the Irish CC affiliated to the UK one and would it be advantageous to join for travel abroad?
Thanks
Sue

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
What Irish CC ?
There is the IMCC, is that what you're thinking of. - Join them to get cheap insurance :)

I joined the UK one years ago when I had a folding camper.
We've stayed on quite a few of the UK sites. Their website is handy for online bookings.

Must say all the sites have been of excellent quality. Couldn't fault them
(Except one, where the reception was closing for the evening at around 4:30pm ! After about 6 hours travelling from home, (driving + ferry) I think I would have had a canary if they didn't let us in)

Upvote 0

marymo

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Dublin
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
8 years
Is the Irish CC affiliated to the UK one and would it be advantageous to join for travel abroad?
Thanks
Sue

Sue, The Caravan Club has centres in ireland and each runs rallies etc. Not really of any great benefit if travelling abroad as you can source most info yourself from internet. if you are interested in rallies and getting about there is also the IMCC (www.imcc.ie) which has get togethers all over most weekends from March to November and the ICCC (www.iccc.ie) which also runs rallies and as place in wicklow somewhere open all year round.
Enjoy
Mary

Upvote 0

marymo

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Dublin
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
8 years
Think it is called Irish Camping Caravan club....know they are in centres and they own their own place down in Wicklow someplace which is open all year .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
<LI class=MsoNormal>Members Only Discount Offer for Travel to France <LI class=MsoNormal>International Camping Carnet
To answer your original question Sue, it would appear from their website that they do give discounts for foreigh travel ::bigsmile:
As this is not the UK CC, I don't think the advanced booking fiasco comes into it :Smile:

Upvote 0

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
Just last week I checked ferry prices between booking direct with stenna and booking the same trip with CC, and there was a saving - from memory say £270 versus £330 for teh belfast stranraer crossing. Same dates, same times, same outfit.

Except - problem for me with CC booking is I cant book online. - Their vehicle selection system only goes up to 3m high, and I;m 3.1 or 3.2, (can't remember now).
(but strangely, the stena booking thing doesn't mention height - just length !)

anyway, saving £60 is not to be sneezed at.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back