Caravan Club

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by sue1959, Feb 23, 2010.

1. sue1959

sue1959 Read Only Funster

Is the Irish CC affiliated to the UK one and would it be advantageous to join for travel abroad?
    Thanks
    Sue

2. dealgan

dealgan Read Only Funster

What Irish CC ?
    There is the IMCC, is that what you're thinking of. - Join them to get cheap insurance :)

I joined the UK one years ago when I had a folding camper.
    We've stayed on quite a few of the UK sites. Their website is handy for online bookings.

Must say all the sites have been of excellent quality. Couldn't fault them
    (Except one, where the reception was closing for the evening at around 4:30pm ! After about 6 hours travelling from home, (driving + ferry) I think I would have had a canary if they didn't let us in)

3. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

4. marymo

marymo Read Only Funster

Sue, The Caravan Club has centres in ireland and each runs rallies etc. Not really of any great benefit if travelling abroad as you can source most info yourself from internet. if you are interested in rallies and getting about there is also the IMCC (www.imcc.ie) which has get togethers all over most weekends from March to November and the ICCC (www.iccc.ie) which also runs rallies and as place in wicklow somewhere open all year round.
    Enjoy
    Mary

5. dealgan

:)
    Never heard of the iccc !

6. marymo

marymo Read Only Funster

Think it is called Irish Camping Caravan club....know they are in centres and they own their own place down in Wicklow someplace which is open all year .

7. Benni-Boy

Benni-Boy Read Only Funster

Wouldn't join any! You can't get on a site unless you book 6 months in advance!:cry:

8. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

<LI class=MsoNormal>Members Only Discount Offer for Travel to France <LI class=MsoNormal>International Camping Carnet
    To answer your original question Sue, it would appear from their website that they do give discounts for foreigh travel :BigGrin:
    As this is not the UK CC, I don't think the advanced booking fiasco comes into it :Smile:

9. dealgan

Just last week I checked ferry prices between booking direct with stenna and booking the same trip with CC, and there was a saving - from memory say £270 versus £330 for teh belfast stranraer crossing. Same dates, same times, same outfit.

Except - problem for me with CC booking is I cant book online. - Their vehicle selection system only goes up to 3m high, and I;m 3.1 or 3.2, (can't remember now).
    (but strangely, the stena booking thing doesn't mention height - just length !)

anyway, saving £60 is not to be sneezed at.