caravan club (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

It really amuses me when people think they would like to become campsite wardens, i think before they even attempt it they should read some of these types of thread, no matter how they start (normal question which club) they always end up with a long list of disgruntled campers stating just how bad the campsite wardens have treated them, which I am sure is true but would you really want to be a warden after reading this.

I'm not supporting the wardens but there are some obnoxious campers out there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

C&CC for me, I like the old peoples discount, or what ever its called, it really helps keep the cost down.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Hi,

It really amuses me when people think they would like to become campsite wardens, i think before they even attempt it they should read some of these types of thread, no matter how they start (normal question which club) they always end up with a long list of disgruntled campers stating just how bad the campsite wardens have treated them, which I am sure is true but would you really want to be a warden after reading this.

I'm not supporting the wardens but there are some obnoxious campers out there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

C&CC for me, I like the old peoples discount, or what ever its called, it really helps keep the cost down.

That's what I'm considering and the insurance discount from Safeguard applies to both big clubs.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Do they only give discounts for the major clubs, do you know what the difference is if you weren't a member, also while I have nothing against Safeguard who we were with for the last 3/4 years, this year SAGA's quote was really very good, so we changed we also dropped the breakdown cover in favour of ADAC, which we couldn't do with Safeguard

That's what I'm considering and the insurance discount from Safeguard applies to both big clubs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Can't remember how much exactly but it's £20 +.

Don't know about small clubs but I will investigate before ins. renewal is due.

AA breakdown covers my van well- 6.9 m long 3.5 t. No problems.

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
i have been a member of the cc for many years with c/van and MH i find the standard of the cc club and there pitches t be very High compared to the c&cc

Bill

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Just cancelled my subscription to the caravan club,too many little hitlers running the sites,take forever to answer a query(if they answer at all)hard to find a pitch in high season,if you have the ordacity to complain while on a site don't expect anything to be done about it,and after the first year the savings aren't all that great,its only a couple of quid dearer to book a pitch in the same sites.My wife and i are just going to go where the road takes us and if we can't get a site we'll camp wild.Whatever you decide all the best and happy travels:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave G

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Clubs

We are members of the C & CC who we find are more laid back. We came up against some very stuffy site wardens with the Caravan Club who seemed to go into a fit as soon as our 12 year old son or our dog got out of the van. And as for when our 20 year old son & some friends popped in to say hello, we thought we may have to call an ambulance.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We are members of the C & CC who we find are more laid back. We came up against some very stuffy site wardens with the Caravan Club who seemed to go into a fit as soon as our 12 year old son or our dog got out of the van. And as for when our 20 year old son & some friends popped in to say hello, we thought we may have to call an ambulance.

I know how you feel .
We have 13 year old boy/girl twins a 15 year old boy and 2 Border Terrier dogs :Eeek:
It does raise a few eyebrows when we turn up on some sites.

But as they are all well behaved ( even the dogs say please :roflmto: )
once the wardens and neighbors realize this , every things OK.
Although I love kids and dogs , I cant be doing with some little angels .
I find the relaxed attitude to running , riding bikes , kicking balls between Caravans and MH drives me mad.
We are members of both ,having been caravaners for years, making use of the discounts etc . But we prefer not to use the more relaxed sites , especially if they have all singing dancing clubs and state of the art kids play areas.
Must be getting old and grumpy before my time:winky:
I envy you though ,bet you have some lovely sites down there.
Bev

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back