Caravan Club Wardens..... (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We're currently at Ferry Meadows site in Cambridgeshire, staff very helpful and the site is well situated for plenty of pleasant walks and has spotlessly clean facilities, ten out of ten from us.
:party2:

Never stayed there personally but some friends were booked there for a weekend about three or four months ago and ended up not staying at all because the warders were so unpleasant. They ended up on a CL down the road.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
In answer to @toledo

Chapel Lane
Wythall
B47 6JX

Lat 52.373
Long -1.8942

OS 139:SP073750

Tel: 01564 826 483

Max unit length 11.6 mtrs

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
In answer to @toledo

Chapel Lane
Wythall
B47 6JX

Lat 52.373
Long -1.8942

OS 139:SP073750

Tel: 01564 826 483

Max unit length 11.6 mtrs
Great site always use it as first stop when going to North Wales. Nice bus museum must outside ,good bus service into Birmingham. Plenty of places within easy reach to visit...oh! and yes great helpful wardens...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I only moan about the bad ones.

:DWe have also have a moan about the bad ones, but have honestly found that the "little hitlers" are in the minority......thankfully.

We were away for 9 weeks in the van recently and only once did we have cause for a moan at a warden, but this was more down to the warden being a product of the politically correct CC ethos:(

We spent a few nights at Knaresborough, then Chatsworth, then onto Littlehampton and Brighton. Because of bad weather we stayed over a few nights at Pools Brook in Derbyshire before coming home. All the CC wardens we met were great and couldn't have been more helpful.......especially the ones that were on the Brighton site over Christmas and New Year. In total we spent 6 weeks between the Littlehampton site and the Brighton site, as we were visiting family nearby.

Over the weeks at Brighton, there were several different wardens on duty and every one of them, bar one.....were fantastic. One morning as we were walking past the reception a warden was out with a plastic bag lifting up a pile of dog's mess left by an irresponsible owner. So they too, have a lot to put up with......

In our opinion, most wardens do a great job, given what and who they have to put up with. From our experience we agree wholeheartedly with laneside, having seen the behaviour of some people and children on sites. We should add, that all the toilet/shower blocks on every CC site that we've stayed on have been spotless.

Whilst chatting to another lovely warden at Littlehampton, she mentioned to us that when they were wardens at a site in the north of Scotland some "old English geezer from the deep south" was having a moan about the midges. (This was last year and at the height of the summer). He said to her, "Surely the Caravan Club can do something about these midges.......it's an absolute disgrace, I want a refund so I can move on to another site where there are no midges"!!:LOL:

In this particular case, the warden in question was glad to see the back of the customer......God help the warden and the midges on the next site that he went to:LOL:

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Never really had any problems.

Come across a few who were a little officious and self important but not unpleasant.

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
What about our very own The Only Sue?

JJ :cool:

We had the pleasure of meeting theonlysue at Aldridge Hill last summer. She is lovely, very helpful. It was because of Sue that I joined Motorhome fun!
Thank you theonlysue! :hi: :clap:

taralabradog

Free Member
Mar 27, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Elddis majestic 105
Exp
Never had any problems. If you approach people with the right attitude they will nearly always reciprocate and be far more likely to help you quite cheerfully.
I work in a customer facing occupation and you can tell if you are going to try to help someone as they approach you or not as the case may be.
Always treat people as you would wish to be treated is what I was always told.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Never had any problems. If you approach people with the right attitude they will nearly always reciprocate and be far more likely to help you quite cheerfully.
I work in a customer facing occupation and you can tell if you are going to try to help someone as they approach you or not as the case may be.

Exactly.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

Tackle man

Deleted User

Not necessarily true. I also worked in a "customer facing occupation", 45 years of it before retirement. the only advantage of it is the experience of peoples attitudes.
Think back to your school days .... the bully's roamed the playground! Say no more!

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I have in the past had the little hitler warden - only ever on CC sites, we do occasionally still use CC sites still but mainly use CL or CS , we do not need or want all the facilities the main line ones offer so little point in paying for them. I would also add we have met some really nice CC wardens - caring, helpful and friendly. Sadly it is the bad ones that tend to be spoken about and leave the lasting impression. Perhaps it is time the CC had the 'secret camper' to follow up on complaints and sort it out rather than the current attitude to complaints that the camper is always wrong and they have no case to answer

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Get yourselves down to our place for a "real experience"!! even Dale Farm will seam like Paradise afterwards!!:LOL: Ps; If you find anyone Polite, Friendly or helpful, please notify the "Commandant " who will do her best to rectum-ify them.(y)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Not necessarily true. I also worked in a "customer facing occupation", 45 years of it before retirement. the only advantage of it is the experience of peoples attitudes.
Think back to your school days .... the bully's roamed the playground! Say no more!

And some bullys drive motorhomes and tug caravans. Tackleman I can assure you.

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
And some bullys drive motorhomes and tug caravans. Tackleman I can assure you.

I know! I've met a few Khizzie. I helped run a festival for 15 years and dealt with bookings and plotting over 50 clubs as the manager and committee member. it was a thankless job! I was treated like s$%t by some clubs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back