Caravan Club strikes deal with Roadchef

Discussion in 'Motorhomes in the News' started by scotjimland, Sep 28, 2010.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Caravanners around the UK are set to benefit from a new deal struck between an industry organisation and a chain of roadside eateries.

The Caravan Club and restaurant firm Roadchef have agreed a deal which will see the latter make its sites more accessible to those with motorhomes and tourers.

Full Story

2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Interesting.

bearing in mind artic and hgv drivers already use roadchef and although we have only a small motorhome we've never had a problem getting parked, so what exactly are they going to do to make it "more accessible"?

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

It's a very interesting equation.

Roadchef prices as eye watering ( not without reason ).

Caravans don't have to pay Roadchef prices. DIY

So any tuggers they can get through the door for more than a pee is a big bonus.

4. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

I don't know why anyone would eat in a roadchef with their dire food quality which probably makes you needs their toilet facilities to chuck up in.

Really not a very nice experience. Pull in a cook your own! That is why you have a motor home!:thumb:

5. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Is this the start of an 'aire' scheme. Dump stations,EHUs, and water points-I'll believe it when I see it.

6. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

would that not be good

Now that would be a good idea...came across a petrol station in St Flour in France that had all the dump and water facilities.. but it would be good over here if you could in fact find a caravan / motor home parking spot that did not have trucks in it... oh yes Cambridge Services have a dedicated caravan area that trucks cannot get into.. does not stop land rover owners walking the dog or white van man.. but does stop the polish lorries. Me use my own facilities, that is what it is about having a yank.. we have all the mod cons.. just need to let Ezzie have a wee.. and time for a brew up.

But do not stop long.. the fine is high and ranks as bad as the food.

Bob:Angry: