Caravan Club strikes deal with Roadchef (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Caravanners around the UK are set to benefit from a new deal struck between an industry organisation and a chain of roadside eateries.

The Caravan Club and restaurant firm Roadchef have agreed a deal which will see the latter make its sites more accessible to those with motorhomes and tourers.

Link Removed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Interesting.

bearing in mind artic and hgv drivers already use roadchef and although we have only a small motorhome we've never had a problem getting parked, so what exactly are they going to do to make it "more accessible"?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The Caravan Club and restaurant firm Roadchef have agreed a deal which will see the latter make its sites more accessible to those with motorhomes and tourers.

It's a very interesting equation.

Roadchef prices as eye watering ( not without reason ).

Caravans don't have to pay Roadchef prices. DIY

So any tuggers they can get through the door for more than a pee is a big bonus.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I don't know why anyone would eat in a roadchef with their dire food quality which probably makes you needs their toilet facilities to chuck up in.

Really not a very nice experience. Pull in a cook your own! That is why you have a motor home!:thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Is this the start of an 'aire' scheme. Dump stations,EHUs, and water points-I'll believe it when I see it.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
would that not be good

I don't know why anyone would eat in a roadchef with their dire food quality which probably makes you needs their toilet facilities to chuck up in.

Really not a very nice experience. Pull in a cook your own! That is why you have a motor home!:thumb:

Now that would be a good idea...came across a petrol station in St Flour in France that had all the dump and water facilities.. but it would be good over here if you could in fact find a caravan / motor home parking spot that did not have trucks in it... oh yes Cambridge Services have a dedicated caravan area that trucks cannot get into.. does not stop land rover owners walking the dog or white van man.. but does stop the polish lorries. Me use my own facilities, that is what it is about having a yank.. we have all the mod cons.. just need to let Ezzie have a wee.. and time for a brew up.

But do not stop long.. the fine is high and ranks as bad as the food.

Bob:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back