Caravan Club Sites (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
you are required to park on your pitch

And that sums up the problem for me with all Caravan Company sites.

I will not be "required" to do anything by some silly little toad with an inflated sense of their own importance. If I'm paying for a pitch, especially at their prices, I'll park on it any way I choose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We stayed on a fantastic little site in Italy last week, Camping Iseo, and I have to say it's one of the best sites I've ever stayed on.

The best thing about it? No pegs, 9 metre rule, stupid rule book and most of all no Norman.

image.jpeg

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
We stayed on a fantastic little site in Italy last week, Camping Iseo, and I have to say it's one of the best sites I've ever stayed on.

The best thing about it? No pegs, 9 metre rule, stupid rule book and most of all no Norman.

View attachment 118325

I guess it's horses for courses, but I prefer the space usually provided on a CC site to the closeness of that site. I'd happily use both though.

I've been in the CC and the C&CC for a number of years and although I have come across the very occasional 'jobsworth' wardens, on the whole, I've always found them to be helpful and friendly.

I also agree with some of the rules as some of them protect me from others. Some sites seem stricter than others, possibly because they've had problems before.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Looking at your picture Nick, it looks like the van behind has blocked you in unless you drive over your ramps

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I guess it's horses for courses, but I prefer the space usually provided on a CC site to the closeness of that site. I'd happily use both though.

I've been in the CC and the C&CC for a number of years and although I have come across the very occasional 'jobsworth' wardens, on the whole, I've always found them to be helpful and friendly.

I also agree with some of the rules as some of them protect me from others. Some sites seem stricter than others, possibly because they've had problems before.
Quite agree .

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Looking at your picture Nick, it looks like the van behind has blocked you in unless you drive over your ramps

It might look like that but I got out with no issues so obviously not ;):D

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
And when was the last time you gave your presence to a club site..Nick

About three years ago and the way the Obergruppenfuhrer spoke to me, and her attitude in general, resulted in me cancelling my membership as soon as got home from that trip. Have never set foot on one since and never will again.

I have a small list of places:

CC "club" sites
C&CC "club" sites
Searles
Shell Island

If these were the only places I could use my motorhome I would sell it and either stick to using hotels or stay at home.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We do like the space that club sites have... we also like continental sites but prefer the ones with dividing hedges and shrubs.
As with Aires we don't like to be too close to the neighbours

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
As with Aires we don't like to be too close to the neighbours

I think the one in my picture reminded me a lot of an aire or a festival campervan field. That's probably why I liked it so much.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If everyone was delighted with CC sites I'd never get a booking so I'm delighted there are a growing number of rejects :LOL:

errr sorry rejectors :p

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If everyone was delighted with CC sites I'd never get a booking so I'm delighted there are a growing number of rejects :LOL:

I thought that because Grenville's mates block book every site for every date you couldn't get bookings anyway? :whistle:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
At least they have a strict dog control policy and I don't have to worry about tiny pissin up my stuff :reel:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp

Booking for what Andy? Do you have a site ? We are hoping for Yorkshire trip this Autumn.

Going back to the CC, surely the club should be a nationwide equivalent of your friends and neighbours at home, can you imagine any of them refusing some tap water. I am going to change to C and CC ( I like to stay on the small CL type sites)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I go to Hebden Bridge frequently. I'm going to Abbey wood straight from Malvern and spending Xmas/Hogmanay at Edinburgh

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
We have been on a few CC sites over the years and there are many I would not use again even if they offered it for free. Generally we found most of the sites as what you would expect but the prices have increased substantially over the last ten years with, as far as I have noticed, no real improvements. There are sites we use all the time New England Bay in Drommore being one of our favourites, remote and a lovely horseshoe sandy beach adjacent to the site, pitches so large that the wardens don't usually care how you park up. Other sites we have visited do indeed bring up what I would think of as a modern day stalag without the guns or death. We have run into a few shall we say grumpy wardens and in answer to them I just remind them that I have paid to stay here and it is my holiday after all and I believe you as a warden are here to facilitate my enjoyment in having a pleasant stay, would that be a true or false assumption? This usually leads to a softening of any attitude.

New England Bay pitch:

IMG_0250%20Large.jpg

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I go to Hebden Bridge frequently. I'm going to Abbey wood straight from Malvern and spending Xmas/Hogmanay at Edinburgh
Ah, I see, being a bit thick there!
Yes, what CC have going for it is locations. There is a lovely one at Bristol Harbourside oh...just remembered booked on the Avon centre temporary site at Bristol Balloon Fiesta, better keep quiet now.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Each to their own ,I am not keen on the,cheek by jowl that's prevalent in many popular aires,or indeed nice places in Britain,so each to their own and I will stick to what I like best .. We have the same old chestnuts,time and time again from those that prefer wild,(free) camping that continually go on whinging about club sites,but haven't used them in donkeys years and those that wouldn't want to be away from club/private sites,for the convenience and a,degree of security...i am in the latter class and,am happy with it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We have the same old chestnuts,time and time again from those that prefer wild,(free) camping

Not about wild or free camping for me Roy.

On the contrary I'm more than happy to pay for an aire where I want to be even if there are cheaper options. I'll just give one example: the aire at Bruges is tarmac, just a car park, although it does have water, and electric if you need it, and you don't have much space apart from in a couple of the spaces. This aire is more expensive than the Asci camp site in Bruges. It's more expensive than Parc Verger where we are now come to that.

It would always be my first choice though when visiting Bruges purely for the location, 10 minutes gentle stroll from the middle of the town whereas the Asci site is several miles out.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Just spent two nights at the Edinburgh site. Totally agree the the OP comments. Especially about the shower plus the fixed shower and me being 6ft 8 tall meant I nearly had to bend double to wet my hair.
Reception was as close to rude as you can be without actually being rude. Pitches where ok but I fell foul of the peg and when I also refused to move (been in place for 2 hours!) I thought I was going to arrested!

Now at the Falkirk Wheel - lovely showers, toilets and not a peg in sight

Richard
I agree about the fixed showers anywhere, I am only 5'11" and I feel the same, plus the fact you can't rinse yer bits!:blusher:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back