Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Now Summer has finally started I hope this is not an indication of how it is going to be come July/August.
We are regulars at Burrs near Bury. we came back after a day out to find a caravan and all its bits n pieces about 7 foot from us.
I can never understand the crowd impulse of some people who feel they need to be so close to others. They are on one of the grass pitches directly in front of our hardstanding, but, there are plenty of other grass pitches all around the site.
The wardens seem to have put their 'so important' little white markers so close together - must be on a bonus!!!
Luckily we are leaving tomorrow and will certainly let the wardens know when we hand in our pass.
Could be a noisy night tonight.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I hate crowd mentality on campsites. No need for peeps to park next to us just because we are charming, entertaining and fantastic chefs so we hide these characteristics very well and keep blowing the trouser trumpet until they get the message and move away.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Why don't you move to one of the empty grass pitches? That's the beauty of a Motorhome. No bits and pieces.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
One of the advantages in using c&cc and cc sites is the space is guaranteed (I know this doesn't help)
:wasntme:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Caravan Club rules on spacing .. if this has been breached, report to the CC, preferably with a photo

c. To avoid the spread of fire, there must be at least 6 metres spacing between facing walls of adjacent caravans, motorhomes or trailer tents and a minimum clear space of 3 metres between adjoining outfits in any direction.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Get yourself out in the middle of the night and cut their ropes

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Very surprised the camp comandant hasn't gathered his little helper wardens to make someone move. Normally on CCsites spacing is a bus stop apart. It is in there encyclopaedia of rules about page 736 sub section plonker.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
If they are on your "exhaust" side just start the engine and leave ticking over for a bit.....
Cheers, Dave(y)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Empty your Grey water under their tent using a hose, say it must be an underground spring from the sewage drop. They WILL move.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back