Caravan Club Renewal

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SmellyFeet, May 9, 2011.

1. SmellyFeet

SmellyFeet Read Only Funster

Hi All

My renewal letter came through today, seriously considering not bothering. Every time I have tried to book on the website every site I chose is fully booked. Have heard it's because people provisionally book ages ahead and then cancel nearer the time. Is this correct? and more to the point are they going to do anything about it, as from my point of view it's a useless organisation without the facility to book on their sites?

Dave

2. goffer

goffer Read Only Funster

If you ring up and cancel they get a bit Sh--y so dont bother:RollEyes:

3. MisterED

MisterED Read Only Funster

Agree to a point ....

Hi Dave,

I agree the website and general booking line is an absolute waste of space.

Having booked sites with them periodically for many years I allways go direct to the site, not allways easy to get a hold of the wardens but with a few attempts at different times of the day I get through.

Have been dissapointed quite a few times but still think the fees are worth it for the CL system which i think is well worth the time and effort to find and explore.

Do not think the service overall is the best but it has its advantages.

Happy travels
    Take Care
    Terry

4. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

We are members of CC and will continue with them mainly because we use them over winter and the facilities are always good. Yes, your right in saying folk book as soon as they can, then when it gets nearer the time and its gonna pour down they cancel. For example the other week we needed to book Grafham Water and couldnt get in, late one night I looked and there had been a cancellation so I quickly booked. When we arrived on site the warden said the site was FULL, in fact we still saw empty pitches so dont know what that was about unless folk hadnt bothered to turn up. Someone said they hold back pitches for members, not sure how true this is.

Hope your foot is now fully recovered.

Dale