Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
Hi All

My renewal letter came through today, seriously considering not bothering. Every time I have tried to book on the website every site I chose is fully booked. Have heard it's because people provisionally book ages ahead and then cancel nearer the time. Is this correct? and more to the point are they going to do anything about it, as from my point of view it's a useless organisation without the facility to book on their sites?

Dave

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
Agree to a point ....

Hi Dave,

I agree the website and general booking line is an absolute waste of space.

Having booked sites with them periodically for many years I allways go direct to the site, not allways easy to get a hold of the wardens but with a few attempts at different times of the day I get through.

Have been dissapointed quite a few times but still think the fees are worth it for the CL system which i think is well worth the time and effort to find and explore.

Do not think the service overall is the best but it has its advantages.

Happy travels
Take Care
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We are members of CC and will continue with them mainly because we use them over winter and the facilities are always good. Yes, your right in saying folk book as soon as they can, then when it gets nearer the time and its gonna pour down they cancel. For example the other week we needed to book Grafham Water and couldnt get in, late one night I looked and there had been a cancellation so I quickly booked. When we arrived on site the warden said the site was FULL, in fact we still saw empty pitches so dont know what that was about unless folk hadnt bothered to turn up. Someone said they hold back pitches for members, not sure how true this is.

Hope your foot is now fully recovered.

Dale

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back