Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
North west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
40yrs
In my opinion the cc have an exallent site network, with good size pitches a lot more room per pitch than most other sites. There is bound to be a shortage of pitches most week ends simply because of the number of members. While I am sure there are some no shows I think there is probably a lot less than we think. £37 a year I think is very good value especially for those of us that travel all year.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
CC Membership.

Do you need to register all Family Members to access sites or just one please?

There's Me, My Wife and 3 kids. Do I just join? What benefit is there if this is the case, to all Family being members?

Cheers Steve.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It was about £550 with No no=claims discount as that is on my other vehicle. Cant remember without looking if they gave me 20% as an introductory offer. Will have to check.
Ian

All the companies that I had quotes from mirrored my cars NCB and I pay £320 including breakdown cover. Thats for a tag axel Frankia.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you can't beat them.. join them,

bombard them with site reservations until every site is fully booked .. or the system crashes, then they may see the how stupid and open to abuse the booking system is ..

Maybe a coordinated effort and few hundred members of motorhome fun could book hundreds of prime weekends. We could then either not turn up or have them in a pool so funsters can use them.::bigsmile:

Caggsie

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
N Wales
Funster No
Exp
2 yrs
I have managed to get booked on the York site twice in the last month. I, like a previous poster tried to book online since earlier this year and it was permanently booked. I read on a forum that the best thing to do is phone a few days in advance on going. On each occasion I phoned the site - very busy, but once through I got booked for an overnighter and from last wed till today. The site was full, the weather pretty good and the town is well worth a visit.

regards

Karen

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
I can understand why people get upset when trying to book ahead and finding all the peak days are taken.
I get upset too, had to spend a whole afternoon block booking in advance for the year ahead !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mike, you are a wicked wicked person..

Gotta love the style !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

buellster

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
Northumberland
Funster No
Exp
On returning home earlier in the year I stopped off at a cousin's down sowf, to find that he had multiple booked weekends on C. C. sites, just in case - the weather was good that weekend or he had no work. The obvious arguement / discussion ensued. The end resulting, if thats the system exploit it, him not me.
I have been a member of the C. C. since buying my van 4 years ago and hav'nt used their sites much but every time I have tried to pre. book even on 'quiet sites' they have been fully booked, I thought thanks to the like of my cousin. However the computer skills I have seen by site wardens makes me wonder if their normal response is 'site full'. to avoid the dreaded machine. However there is an obvious way around the problem, having pitched up at short notice 3 times now at Rowntree Park. It is only any good if you are flexible and able to go at the last minute.
I have never had a problem with the site wardens they have always been very freindly. Just joined the C.C.+C to see if thats any better. I wonder why sometimes because as a rule we tend to wildcamp or use other proper camping sites.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
The CC&C require a deposit on ALL advance bookings. This is non refundable if you cancel less than 7 days before,so I assume a no show is the same. I've had to do it once and it cost me £36 and once they cancelled on me and I never got a refund.
Hey Ho such is life.:Blush:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
We are in the CC&C and only use it very occasionally for CL's. I would rather stick hot needles in my eyes before I would stay on any club campsite (or any campsite for that matter). Is it true that both the CC and CC&C CL's and CS's are open to anyone? If so is there an online guide to their locations other than the official sites? Presumably I could cancel my membership and still use the CL's / CS's as long as you can find them without a login to either site? Also on the two occasions I tried to contact them for a discounted ferry tickets and MH Insurance I found far better deals myself without their discounts. I would miss the monthly club magazine though as its such a laugh, especially the letters pages!:Eeek:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Booking Blockers

Hi

This was the subject of a Post (29-12-2008, 18:12 ) If you put this into search you should be able to access it still.

My comments then are still valid. But unfortunately, for personal reasons it was not possible to get a Motion onto the CC AGM agenda AT THAT TIME .

pete

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We are in the CC&C and only use it very occasionally for CL's. I would rather stick hot needles in my eyes before I would stay on any club campsite (or any campsite for that matter). Is it true that both the CC and CC&C CL's and CS's are open to anyone? If so is there an online guide to their locations other than the official sites? Presumably I could cancel my membership and still use the CL's / CS's as long as you can find them without a login to either site? Also on the two occasions I tried to contact them for a discounted ferry tickets and MH Insurance I found far better deals myself without their discounts. I would miss the monthly club magazine though as its such a laugh, especially the letters pages!:Eeek:

As nearlyretired mentioned above, CL/CS owners may allow non-members on but if they do so then they are in breach of their agreement with the CC/C&CC. If caught they could be removed from the club list - which could leave to their being site shut down because it no longer qualified for exemption (Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960, First Schedule, Para 5).

Graham

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
As nearlyretired mentioned above, CL/CS owners may allow non-members on but if they do so then they are in breach of their agreement with the CC/C&CC. If caught they could be removed from the club list - which could leave to their being site shut down because it no longer qualified for exemption (Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960, First Schedule, Para 5).

Graham

Well I wouldnt want them to do that then. Will probably keep my C&CC membership just for CL's then. I suppose its only 30 quid or so.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We're going to our 1st 2 CC sites in the next couple,of weeks.Pembrey next weekend on our own,and Moreton in the Marsh the following weekend with another couple.I have already had 'words' with the warden at Moreton when I rang and foolishly asked if we could reserve 2 adjacent pitches.I was told that pitches were not allocated in advance-you turn up and take what's available !!
Having read these posts,I'm viewing our visits with some trepidation now-I don't take kindly to 'Jobsworths' or rules that I can see no sense in :RollEyes:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
With this site having so many Funsters may be we ought to have our own nominated representatives on their management committees. :ROFLMAO: That could cause uproar in the establishments :winky:

S

stagman

Deleted User
Well I wouldnt want them to do that then. Will probably keep my C&CC membership just for CL's then. I suppose its only 30 quid or so.

Don't think the CL's would stop you staying even if you are not a member .Stayed at several in the past , never seen no one , just dropped the money through letter box .:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm viewing our visits with some trepidation now-I don't take kindly to 'Jobsworths' or rules that I can see no sense in :RollEyes:

Just smile at them, most will smile back. Its just the odd few who seem to suck on a lemon just before they speak to members, and its those few who give all wardens a bad name.

I stopped at Pembrey about 3 years ago, great site and lovely wardens. You have to just hope the site hasn't got new wardens who hate people and have large deliveries of lemons::bigsmile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
The CC&C require a deposit on ALL advance bookings. This is non refundable if you cancel less than 7 days before,so I assume a no show is the same. I've had to do it once and it cost me £36 and once they cancelled on me and I never got a refund.
Hey Ho such is life.:Blush:

We have always found the C&CC Very understanding.If we have had to cancel, we always let them know so the pitch can be reallocated to another person.

Just wondered why the CC couldn't be the same.:Doh:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
it was ever thus ; I used to be a caravan club member but had the same complaints as are being voiced here , so I stopped being a member

1976 if I remember correctly

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
This has been the first year as not being a member of any of the CC and C&CC and I can honestly say that we aint missed them one bit, Firstly, ferry prices, mention motorhomefun and get a discount, same with insurance. If your premium is what you say it is you are paying wwwwaaaaayyyy over the top. £232 fully comp for us, both drivers. Initially 4 years ago we had no NCB but were given 3 years introductory.

Story of the CCC, years ago as a tugger I arrived at a site in worcestershire at 7 mins to 12. First time we had ever gone with them. Went to reception to be told I could not book in yet. I said no problem I will wait the now 6 mins then book in. NO SIR REMOVE YOUR CARAVAN OFF OUR SITE UNTILL 12 NOW. woo, shook me somewhat but the warden was insistent. I then had to reverse a caravan back along a tiny lane that the site owned about 500m. By the time I had reversed I then had to go forward because my 6 mins were up. JOBSWORTH OR WHAT. I have never felt like dragging someone across the counter in all my life but today was the day where I truly believed that violence was the answer, even ultra placid Nikki with two crying babies in the car would not of prevented me from doing so. after complaining to the CCC I got back the same answer that Dane has just posted and that was that.
Morale to this was never ever again would I join that club as its known in our house.

Unbeleiveable...............but sadly very beleivable as I have experienced very similar on more than one occasion over the years. :Angry:

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
As well as all the problems caused by block booking, can someone please tell me why non-members are allowed on the sites at the detriment of members. Why can't these people pay their subscriptions like everyone else and join the clubs. Why should I, as a member, be refused entry when there are non members taking up the pitches? I would have thought there would be enough members to fill both CC and C&CC sites. I work for the NHS and as such I cannot book very far in advance as I don,t know what I will be working. I have been trying to get on the CC site at York for years and have never made it yet due to it being full for months in advance. I shall be relinquishing my membership of both clubs at the next renewal date.

Absolutely agree....whats the point in memnbership of a club if anyone can use the facilities :whatthe:

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi IPS,
I think it's time to leave safeguard. I was with them for over 10 years until Swinton took them over then woosh went the premiums.
For the last 4 years I have not found ANYONE to beat Saga at £263 on a £55.000 motorhome. This is full cover both UK and Europe along with my wife as a named driver and protected NCB.
Start looking aroung and, like me, the Caravan Club is history.
Wiljoy:thumb:

Thanks for everyones comments re insurance will certainly take more time to shop around in june when premium is up.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp

Graham

With respect this is not correct, you can allow "non members" on to your CCC CL as long as you give them the joining application and info. I know this as my partner owns a CCC CL.
Regards ips

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Anyone attended a CC AGM to make a point or complaint about an obvious to 'us' but not to them (CC)problem, such as site bookings No Shows?

We all know that writing doesn't work because all you receive back is the standard fob off letter.

Do you have to send in your question so that it can be vetted ?

Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back