Caravan Club Prices 2014

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jim, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

2. damar

damar Read Only Funster

At the moment we are still members of the caravan club, but every year it gets more difficult to justify re joining, because of the cost of sites even the 5c sites are getting quite expensive, when with a M/H all you really need is a place to park. before a 5c owner says we can not make a living if we do not increase prices, a 5c operation is not a way to make a living but an addition to your income, we stay on a few sites that are £5 a night ( our limit ) as one farmer says what he makes on the 5c pays his car tax and insurance plus a bit. I think the caravan club should start to think about catering for the M/H owners more, and have a section with just a tap and w/c dumping point, at a sensible price where we can park over night, there are hundreds of us that do not wont showers and all the other things tuggers wont. There does seem to be more M/H on the road now and the idea of the M/H is to have freedom to go where you wont and be independent, but with some of the site rent prices now it would be just as cheap to go B/B.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Phill D

Phill D

our use of full caravan club sites has dropped year on year ever since we joined. this last 12 months we have stayed as few as 9 nights on full blown sites. we have been increasingly put off by both the creeping prices and continuous addition of rules and regulations. agreed some are needed as not all club members are as considerate to each other as perhaps we would like.

we now mainly use CLs when in the UK. so will probably keep our membership for access to website and up to date book on them, although many allow non members at the same price.

• Like Like x 2
  4. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

Most motor home owners do the same as you

I use pubs , restraunts any where with a large car park
    Pay for a drink or meal move on a few days later many have out side tap
    Only use a camp site once every few weeks. For washing etc :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

My wife insists I wash every day. :Sad:

• Like Like x 3
  6. laneside

laneside Funster

Afraid it is much to do with supply and demand, our limited experience shows that they are often stuffed to capacity . We are like many more motorhomers though and avoiding them where possible, we have discovered the benefits of the Caravan and Camping clubs temporary holiday sites and much prefer them

7. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

There's posh washing every day, :Eeek:

8. bailey

bailey

I beg to differ my experience with cc sites is that they are full and a heavy percentage is Motor Homes and the last thing I want is to stay 5 nights in a car park

Bill

9. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

our price remains at £7 per van per night same as the last 3 years. you're right its not a living, never will be 5 vans does not give you a hope in hell of earning a living but it still does not mean we are expected to do it for nowt. We have the same overheads as a50 van site, re taxes and water/drainage charges. Council tax etc. All has to come from someplace and not much left over at the end of the day.