Caravan Club breakdown cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Road Runner, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Is now no weight, height or length restrictions.

2. niggle

niggle Banned - Rule 1

still very muched oaver priced ?????

3. alan

alan Funster

Caravan club

I,ve allways used caravan club for uk recovery with greenflag and as far as I know I,ve allways been covered and my weight is 4100 kgs, thankfully I.ve never needed them .
    I used to use there red pennant travel insurance and was allways happy with it but it started to get expensive when I reached 65 .
    I,ve had a quote with them for this years holidays in europe 185 days cover for £771 which is for recovery and health insurance.
    Alan:thumb:

4. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

Must have to much money

If you are considering paying that you have to much money:Eek!: Consider ADAC covers member and wife or family.. I get unlimited European on Safguard (with real recovery cover) and for less than £100 I have the added extras of ADAC ... I drive an American RV... heavier than your vehicle same age area...

Bob:Blush:

• Like Like x 1
  5. alan

alan Funster

caravan club

when I arrived at 65 I looked at what the caravan club offered for the money and at that time I travelled to spain by car and caravan and decided the car was covered any where in europe and I would.nt bother with insurance {boob] I was robbed in a supermarket and Julia was knocked down by a moped on a pedestrian crossing incurring cuts bruises and leg in plaster, since then I,ve had cover with c&cc at £100 each for health insurance and £65 for recovery, Does Adac cover you for health insurance and can you be out for more than 6 months and does it cover recovery of animals back to UK I believe the caravan club does and the cost is more to do with my age more than the mhomes
    Alan:thumb:

6. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

We have been told that C&CC arrivals recovery is for 10 miles only----------anyone know if thats correct ?????
    Nigel & Pamala

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I believe that only applies to caravan outfits.. could be wrong so worth calling and asking.. from the web site

Caravan Club Rescue - MAYDAY
    Green Flag breakdown truck towing a caravan

As the official UK breakdown cover provider for The Caravan Club, MAYDAY vehicle rescue has been designed by caravanners for caravanners. With 3 cover levels, MAYDAY aims to accommodate your every need [HI]as a caravanner i[/HI]ncluding:

* No size or weight restrictions
    * Covers you whether you are towing or not
    * Ensures a breakdown will never ruin your holiday with our Double Journey Cover feature

8. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

I was recovered (4 wheel drive & caravan then) all the way from Thetford, Norfolk to North Wales so no, its not correct.