caravan club bookings

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mr B, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Mr B

Mr B Funster

Well, just got my 5 sites booked for next year :) :)
    Thank goodness for a very fast web connection at work :) ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Yep, worked better than expected. Only had to try for about half an hour before being able to book Longleat Club Site for the weekend that Elton John has his concert in the grounds. Better start saving, going to be an expensive weekend!!:xThumb:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

Glad you posted this i only wanted 1 booking and just got it :xThumb:

4. ceejayt

ceejayt Funster Life Member

Thought it was going to be like Glastonbury and never get on but managed my one booking in Edinburgh for the festival in August :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr B

Mr B Funster

Prices have gone up though :(

• Like Like x 3
  6. kelv

kelv Funster Life Member

Just booked for brighton at easter £105 for 3 nights its getting very expensive

• Like Like x 1
  7. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Phones are down there and this morning the website was for a while. You would think that if they are going to persist with this annual bun fight they would get the infrastructure in place.

I still think charging a deposit would stop all this nonsense.

Managed our bookings on line about 20 mins ago.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mr B

Mr B Funster

Yes. Got to agree about the infrastructure, but not keen on the deposit thing.
    Being from Yorkshire ;)
    And anything can happen in the run up to your booking.....
    It's our 1st year with the moho, so we have booked the sites nearest home for later next year. We want to be more independent and try more CL's etc...

9. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

The problem is that some people book numerous trip on the off chance they may want to go, blocking the dates for others.

All 4 bookings we have made we have no intention of cancelling and would have happily paid a deposit. If we then had to cancel and lose £15 or so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

We managed to get all our bookings we wanted as we need school holidays. Only ever had to cancel once when OH tore his Achilles and the van was snowed in on the drive . Quicker this year!

• Like Like x 1
  11. iandsm

iandsm Funster

I spent the second two weeks of September and all of October in France on aires, many had EHU and superb quite locations alongside canals and rivers like the Loire. In total I spent just over £200. I know its not an exact comparison but I simply wouldn't consider spending £105 for three nights, wherever it was.

There may come a time when don't want to go over the water and then it will be CL's and Caravan Club basic sites without facilities which are mostly £12 per night.

I understand that for one reason or another some prefer proper sites and of course it goes without saying that I wish you a great time, I am just highlighting how expensive CC site are in comparison to doing your own thing.

• Like Like x 3
  12. kelv

kelv Funster Life Member

I agree if i had the time i would be on an aire or acsi site in france at a fraction of the cost but only having 3 days we decided to stay in the uk being bank holiday it can be very hard to get a pitch on any site at a good rate roll on june when i will be in france

• Like Like x 2
  13. denisejoe

denisejoe Funster Life Member

Agree with you that 3 days is not really long enough for France, although I know others do it for such short times. However, we opted out of CC after a year as only really use CLs and rallies and don't always know when we can get away.

We prefer the C&CC as we can always get to rallies or THS (Temporary Holiday Sites) at a moments notice, which you can't do with CC. Not sure whether their main sites are cheaper or not as have only used 2 or 3 in our 20 years membership!

Denise

• Like Like x 1
  14. jdk62

jdk62 Funster

We often use Www.pitchup.com. They take a deposit, but to be honest if I can't make the booking, loosing £3.00 or so, isn't the end of the world.

Plus I don't get a snotty letter from the CC about future bookings if I cancel less than 72 hours in advance. I got one earlier this year because I cancelled on line, 2 minutes under the 72 hour criteria.....

• Like Like x 1
  15. ceejayt

ceejayt Funster Life Member

Have to agree it is expensive - £357 for 14 nights in Edinburgh but we want to go to the festival. Will probably be the only CC booking or stay we make this year - we like Britstops, CLs and Aires and Stellplatz

16. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Just booked four breaks in York over the Summer (too hot over the water) and also next Xmas :)
    Possibly the Xmas trip maybe cancelled as this time next year would prefer to be over the water, but as like this year medical stuff dictates not able to go abroad, so I feel absolutely no guilt about booking up York over Xmas. If we don't end up going it will be snapped up.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

9am this morning tried to book start Bay...for 2nd June...fully booked for three months ..cant believe that anyway got in to hillhead so pleased with that. Managed to book every cc&c site though with no problems.. Reason ,they take a deposit..good idea as I bet a fair few of those that block booked start bay and other sites will cancel later.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

My point exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

At least though with cc there is hope that closer the time availability will come up, I like that it's nice when browsing you spot an opening and snap it up :)
    We got Xmas in York this year as our plans to go away overseas had to be shelved, so I started collecting the free days that popped up, eventually getting a run from 20th Dec to 29th Dec, the cc way of working allowed this and for us worked out brilliantly :)

20. Onemanandhisdog

Onemanandhisdog Funster

You can stay on 'proper sites' without extortionate prices. I stayed at a site in Cornwall last summer that had split from the CC because he didn't like the way they dictated the charges he had to apply. Everything was 'extra' He charged £15 a night for everything, even dogs!

At the end of the day, you have forked out a large wedge for a motorhome, you just want somewhere to park it!

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but I came to this post to see if anything was going to change my opinion of CC sites, but actually it's just reinforced it.

• Like Like x 3