Caravan Club Booking today

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by vin0114, Dec 3, 2014.

1. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

Anyone got lucky today, I managed to get in eventually but all the mid-year weekend bookings for York Rowntree had gone:crying:.

2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Yes Hebden bridge first weekend but it took several attempts, website is very glitchy

• Like Like x 1
  3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

The big question is, how many bookings will be taken up ?

• Like Like x 5
  4. philw111

philw111 Funster

We have managed to get in to Rowntree Park several times in the past by contacting the site direct. They will often take your booking even when the computer says they are full.(y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

We have also found this, its worth a phone call, because I think they save pitches for passing traffic.
    When we stayed they not only gave us a pitch, but also a motorhome from Switzerland and a Dutchman, although computer says full. Bob.

6. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

Di was busy on the computer from 9am this morning and she managed to book everything we wanted for next years Spring and Summer weekend breaks.
    Visits to Stover, Minehead, Baltic Wharf, Merrose Farm, Godrevy, Trewethett Farm, Steamer Quay, Ilminster, Malvern Hills, Haycraft, Putts Corner and St. Agnes Beacon. A total of 57 nights.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rikfos

rikfos Funster

made six bookings, all relatively easily. They are not necessarily the cheapest or even the best, but I do like the convenience of Crystal Palace and the beauty of Hawes. As usual Rowntree is fully booked at the weekends and is always booked solid. I believe that the best caravan site in York is the York caravan park at Ivy house farm with bus stops outside the site making the north east coast at Whitby and Scarborough easily accessible

8. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

:clap2:
    Yes, when checking my bookings there are still a couple awaiting confirmation? maybe down to the fact that when I was on there had already been 30.000 bookings made:sick:
    Agree, always the case year in year out. I did write to CC last year complaining of 'no shows' and their spineless attempts to prevent these as they were doing very well thank you so nettle grasping out of the question but money-grabbing no problem. I also complained of awning pitches being not available even when pre-booked even though several awning pitches were taken but no awning erected. I said that the then booking procedure was at fault offering pitches with awnings first followed by non awning pitches and hey bloody presto they listened :clap2:
    not tried that one yet except for the late bookings available page. What's really annoying is that non-members manage to get onto Rowntree on the weekends. I did mention this when I wrote to CC.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

Sorry but I always book an awning pitch so that we've got room to tie the dog out and use wind-out if it's not too windy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

Only booked 4 CC visits as we're already going to 11 fun meets and shows around 60nights:):):)

11. joncris

joncris Read Only Funster

Baltic Wharf?? isn't that site being handed back to the council as the lease was running out and the council wouldn't renew it. We signed the petition asking that they keep it open and are they?

12. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

quote; Janine Sorry but I always book an awning pitch so that we've got room to tie the dog out and use wind-out if it's not too windy.

understand that, its the people who book awning pitches that don't require them:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Funster

The council have extended the lease of the site until at least the summer.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

Yes it is - they are keeping it open until at least August 2015 so plenty of time to persuade them to change their minds. We'll be there next week :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

I believe that there was a hold up to the proposed plans so the Council allowed it to stay open temporarily.

• Like Like x 1
  16. joncris

joncris Read Only Funster

Good news. I understand a number of near businesses have complained about it being closed particularly the nearby pub and restaurant as they get quite a few CC Members coming in for a drink and a meal AND in season its almost impossible to get a late booking

• Like Like x 1
  17. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

Just been on & booked Baltic Wharf for the 10/12 August so aim to go Bristol Balloon Festival, Baltic Wharf, Upton on severn then Malvern. I got straight in on the CC web site.:)

• Like Like x 2
  18. PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire Funster

Got what we needed but was sat there bang on 9 it took 10 minutes after repeated attempts to get in

19. Padraigpost

Padraigpost Funster

Managed to book Baltic wharf for the balloon festival 7th- 10th August, tried to book in previous years but always been unsuccessful so looking forward to seeing this event

20. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

I also ways book an awning pitch too, some time I put the awing out some times I don't, thats just the way it is. Oh by the way book Durham Grange for 4 nights in May. ( awing pitch ) :)