Caravan Club book?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gypsyrose, Jan 24, 2011.

1. gypsyrose

gypsyrose Funster

Please can you tell us if the new CC handbook is out yet? The latest we have is the 2009-2010. We are no longer members but may rejoin? Many thanks!

2. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Yes it is.

3. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Yes - we've got it but I do sometimes wonder if it is worth it. All we do is go to the CLs but I suppose they wouldn't want us if we weren't CC members. Then again, I'll whisper this bit 'cos they might be listening, we've only been asked for our CC number once. :BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

Ivy

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  4. Clare

Clare Read Only Funster

Hi Gypsyrose, yes both the CC and Camping and Caravan Club books are out with new prices that take into consideration the 20% vat!!!! If you are over 55, like me, then in my opinion there is no contest between the two.... the Camping and Caravan Club give a substantial discount to the over 55s, in low and middle season which means I, as a single motorhomer, can make a substantial saving over a CL or CS site (much as I prefer do use these small sites), now some of them are charging up to £15plus a night I wont pay this.....
    At the moment I can stay on a C and C Club site until 20th April for £44 per week!!!! Special offer 7 nights for the price of 5. Pretty sure I have read this right but please check.
    Kind regards
    Clare:Smile:

5. gypsyrose

gypsyrose Funster

Thank you for the replies. Not sure whether to rejoin or not. Agree that you rarely need to show your card at the smaller sites. Problem is that not being a member, we don't get to know of new sites and have no idea of the price!! LOL!! :Wink:

We will probably rejoin. Clare, had no idea that there was a discount in low season as you mentioned but then we never stay at the larger sites. Horrified that the prices are obviously so high now at the CLs. They wonder why we wild camp?!! :Sad:

6. chrismacgowan

chrismacgowan Read Only Funster

Clubs

Do hope you may join!

I am connected with the CC so am obviously biased but for instance here I am tonight at Ferry Meadows, Peterborough, which is a full facility site OAY and the cost tonight? £7.65 which seems very good value to me. Am on a dead flat pitch with EHU and all very nice!

Anyway; whatever you do, Enjoy!! Like the sound of your Hymer, am myself a Rapido coach built owner and love it.

Christopher

7. Mixter

Mixter Read Only Funster

Thats a bit ironic; im not rejoining, but theyve sent me the book.:Laughing:

8. johnpengers

johnpengers Funster

Give me a ring,you can have mine.won't be renewing our membership.Why? I have a 34 ft american motorhome and in my opinion(and its shared with others)we are not wanted !!!!

Am I bovvered,not really, The big pitch guide rules ok.:thumb:

9. kontiki48

kontiki48 Read Only Funster

I heard that ivy, :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

10. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

We have cancelled our renewal at £37 per year think it's quite expensive, and we only use the cl's (not often now though) we did receive our handbook though and cancelled before xmas.

11. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Oh dear - hubby does say I've got a whisper like an elephants f--t! :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Ivy

12. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Dont worry Ivy, my other half reckons i can whisper over three fields when i want

13. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Are you on a special rate being a member of the executive council?, I've just checked the CC web site and it quotes £5.10 per adult and £5.10 for the pitch, that's a minimum of £10.20 (£15.30 if you take the missus)

14. johnpengers

johnpengers Funster

Hi Gyspsyrose,

I've pm ed you and I'm not very good on computers:Laughing:
    If you have 'nt got it let me know and I'll try again.
    No problem with the book,you re welcome to it.

Regards, John P,:thumb:

15. Gooney

Gooney Funster

My apologies, I have looked in the Sites Directory Handbook and realise now where £7.65 per night comes from. 50% discount midweek in January now £2.55 for the pitch and single occupancy adult £5.10. £7.65 loooks good on paper but is hardly a typical example!!

16. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

We received our new handbook just two days ago.
    Currently we are familiarising ourselves with any changes to the many rules and regulations so we don't get caught out sucking eggs incorrectly......................:BigGrin:

17. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

CC book

hi guys,i have to say that we have been members of the CC for about 9yrs now and we have never had a problem.we have a 34ft RV and yes the book has some more length resrictions but it still leaves plenty of sites for us to choose from and hundreds of CL,s.so personally i think the CC is still good value:thumb: regards brian jo and josh:Wink:

18. johnpengers

johnpengers Funster

Not gonna fall out with you Brian,I might need some tyres for the Rv soon!!!!!!!!:Rofl1:

Regards, John P.:thumb:

19. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

CC

Hi john im far to old to fall out with anyone mate,lifes to short.im sure the CC is not for everyone but it works for us:Wink:just pm me about the tyres either on here or RVOC.Regards brian jo and josh:thumb: