Caravan Club Ban On-site supermarket deliveries. (1 Viewer)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Being a sausage fan. I always head for the local butcher to get his sausages. There are so few proper butchers around these days due to the nuclear red meats in supermarkets that the local butchers shops are slowly dying. So by my little purchases I like to think (1) I am helping them to survive and (2) I am getting the best quality meats. So yes I always shop local where I can....by the way my best sausages award this year goes to a little butchers in boroughbridge for his welsh dragon sausages.....no they are not made of dragon meat before all you welsh people scream at me and report me to the RSPD...

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Would appear to be alcohol deliveries, by the box, & in Scotland ?:D

Discount retailer Aldi is planning to launch online shopping early next year, starting with selling wines by the case and followed by non-food in the spring.

yes, they have certainly done their market research :rolleyes:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
you've been more than once .. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :eek:
Aye, wan born every minute!:giggle::imoutahere:
South Shore Cricket Club is right on the border between Blackpool and St Annes so great for exploring the coast to both north and south. On a bus route as well. Blackpool centre is what it is (they do tat better than anyone else :LOL:) but there are some very varied areas round about. Well worth a visit (or even a few :LOL:)

You have to time it right though, otherwise the place is full of Scots :Eeek::wink:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You have to time it right though, otherwise the place is full of Scots :Eeek::wink:

yes.. they certainly know where to go for a good bevy ..

Last time I was in Blackpool was in the very early 80s with my first wife... we stayed at a B&B on the front.. very posh :LOL:
I remember it well. I locked my car keys in the boot.. that's how memorable it was..

also have a friend from my last place of employment who bought a B&B in Blackpool,. he has since sold it. He and his partner have bought a cafe' in Fuengiroly , Spain.. think it's called the Harbour Lites .. must pay him a visit ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Rob n Chris strangely the CC has very few rules:whatthe: as I found out having had a big row with a CC warden which I tried to continue with head office. It's the wardens that make things up on the spot and quote it as "rules":Doh:

Having admitted that the rules that their warden was trying to enforce didn't exist they wouldn't answer whether their wardens was a "liar" or "badly trained"

It had to be one or the other :roflmto:

Good idea to ban off site deliveries though :thumb:

Eddie

Or just a badly trained liar? Whilst being generally fed up of the rules the main clubs want to enforce, this one is a good one. Like some other Funsters, we don't use home deliveries even when at home. It seems for some, camping is going beyond even glamping. What next? Personal chefs? Dog walkers? Sommelier? (Actually that could be a winner!)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Or just a badly trained liar? Whilst being generally fed up of the rules the main clubs want to enforce, this one is a good one. Like some other Funsters, we don't use home deliveries even when at home. It seems for some, camping is going beyond even glamping. What next? Personal chefs? Dog walkers? Sommelier? (Actually that could be a winner!)

I often think the same, when I watch Hymers arrive on site, the occupants settling down to a hot meal with their TV and heating systems going all night. I wonder what turns camping into glamping .... ;)

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
image.jpeg
I often think the same, when I watch Hymers arrive on site, the occupants settling down to a hot meal with their TV and heating systems going all night. I wonder what turns camping into glamping .... ;)

Yes I know just what you mean. When Sue and I used to go backpacking we thought anyone who didn't have to crawl into a tiny tent and cook off a Bluet gas stove wasn't a real camper. And as we got older and the kids grew up and we moved through frame tents, trailer tents, folding campers and into motorhomes, I always looked at Hymers and wished I could have one. Now we have one and I still look and admire other vans, but I'm more than happy with ours. It's almost 9 years old now but still looks great inside and out. If only the double floor were a little higher, the butler could sleep under cover too.

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
I wonder if that's why they no longer have the "rolls and papers" woman coming on the site every morning at Craigie Gardens (Ayr) any more. :Sad:

Regards,

Jock.
Craigie gardens now there is a blast from my childhood

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
When I left school my first job was in Viewfield Laundry lasted about a month. Steamy even in the offices yuk!

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Agh!!!!..But my mh is a converted Tesco delivery van.....so that's me buggered!!

wow.. you must have earned a ton of Tesco club card points buying that .. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back