Free Member
Aug 19, 2014
Matlock Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Premium Liner
Exp
Since 1986
I can empathise with weelohnw. My experiences with both CC and CCC are very similar. I put it down to jealousy on the part of the wardens. They are usually caravanner's who take these jobs. When they see a "posh" motorhome like ours arrive, on the majority of occasions, jealousy kicks in, and in my case they are usually as awkward as they can possibly be which usually results in an unpleasant atmosphere for the duration of the stay. We now avoid using club sites. If it wasn't for the CL's we would cancel our membership of these cliquey organisations.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I thought maybe it was because we're off freely wandering and they're stuck behind a desk or cleaning the bogs. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I can empathise with weelohnw. My experiences with both CC and CCC are very similar. I put it down to jealousy on the part of the wardens. They are usually caravanner's who take these jobs. When they see a "posh" motorhome like ours arrive, on the majority of occasions, jealousy kicks in, and in my case they are usually as awkward as they can possibly be which usually results in an unpleasant atmosphere for the duration of the stay. We now avoid using club sites. If it wasn't for the CL's we would cancel our membership of these cliquey organisations.
You may be onto something, in the past have stayed to odd time with a caravan don't remember getting the grief like I have had the van, doesn't matter now as I have made a point of never going to a CC site again.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We don't tend to use the CC sites much we mostly use the CLs. The CCs are good for a couple of nights to get the washing done!

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
We went to York CC site, quite a few years ago now, the wardens there were definately not in the business of being pleasant!
We pulled up and a chap marched up said "driver stay there, passenger go into office" there was no welcome/hello/smile.
I went into office and had a grilling from the female half. Apart from anything else she wouldn't listen/take in that our van is a 'lefty' so the Hab door is on the other side!
We did stay but it was more like a boot camp than a holiday.
We've stayed with the CC as the CLs are great and the bods that run the THS are brilliant, the last one we went to was on the banks of the Avon at Evesham and the organisers had only just got back from France 2 days earlier but it was all relaxed and happy.

We go to York at least twice a year. Never had a problem with the wardens, always pleasant and polite. Usually ask for a mobile number so they can notify you if the river Ouse decides to flood ;)

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We go to York at least twice a year. Never had a problem with the wardens, always pleasant and polite. Usually ask for a mobile number so they can notify you if the river Ouse decides to flood ;)

That has been our experience in York where we usually stay in the beginning of our European trips as well as in the end . We stay in Rowntree park if there is availability but failing that in Beechwood grange and wardens in both have been very nice and polite and last time even let us change pitch which we did not like ...no problem .

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
It's even better now it's had an upgrade.
More pitches I believe:)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not just in terms of facilities but also the behaviour of our fellow site users.

Funny you should say that. The last time we had the misfortune to stay on a CC site I watched someone walking their dog around the site. As they walked past our pitch the dog had a poo. They didn't pick it up or even acknowledge it. I waited 20 minutes to see if they were coming back with a bag and in the end picked it up myself. I mentioned it to the warden when I happened to see her and she wasn't at all surprised. She apologised to me and said that's what they're like, it happens all the time.

I've been in it this year because like one of the other posters I forgot to cancel in time. That's not happening this year. Cancelling both.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back