caravan and camping club or camping club ? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
sorry in advance for the silly question guy's :whatthe:-------------but can someone please explain to me what is a CL ????????????? :Eeek:

And a little bit that pete missed..
C L. Stands for Certified Loccation

Daisy21

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Member of both because of what you save on camping fees. Insurance via C&CC. Never had problems with CC, even in my little old campervan. CC club sites tend to be cheaper (for me) than C&CC sites. C&CC sites seem to generally be more child friendly and less manicured. I like the search facility on the C&CC site more than the CC one. Haven't gotten into using the CLs/CSs yet.

Daisy2

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Members of all three CCC CC & MCC different sites vary I often think its the wardens attitude that makes the difference, stayed on CC at Cheltenham and the wardens were excellent. The difference when we were touring Scotland this year we thought we could stop off at the Bunree CC site, we were doing a bit of wild camping and some sites, Bunree site was convenient for us so we pulled in, they were booked up..fair enough but because we were in the Highlands not sure we would camp next asked if we could get a couple of carriers of water as we were a bit low, being members thought a gallon and half of water what our carriers (milk bottles) hold would be no problem. OH NO big problem we can't give you any water club rules, we said don't believe it we are traveling on the road a member of your club and you can't give us any water, thats right no water, Now I can tell you Edward was not impressed, got on to the club told to send a email we said we were in the middle of Scotland Highlands and not that easy to send a email, when we got home, we did which then they told us it would be 21 days before they could reply to it. It was 21 days before they replied to tell us they are the club rules no water to be given to club members who are not staying on the site. but perhaps the wardens could wave them now and then, and that was as much a response as we could get. NOT IMPRESSED Then on other sites as I said you get brilliant wardens, but if we drop a club it will be the CC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
we have been members of both, we are a young family (35-40) with kids aged 6 and 10, cc are not as child friendly as cc&c (IMO) we tried a couple of cc sites and as others have said very regimental. we would never go back to a cc site and wont renew with them. we are still members of cc&c and have recently come back from a FUN rally with them:Smile:

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Been a CC member for 2 years and have only managed to get on one of their sites twice as they are always fully booked.The CL`s are great though.
We will try CC&C next time as you have to put a deposit down,hopefully that should deter some of the" no shows".

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
my membership for the c&cc is due never used them last year think i will give the MCC a go this year,

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Joined the CC last year and have yet to try one of their sites :RollEyes:
Everything we've done has been abroad so far. Tried to book Eurotunnel through them but the system crashed.....twice! I don't think their website is the best but there is lots of info.
Next week we're off to try their Tredegar site and then Moreton-in-Marsh in mid-Nov, both booked successfully on line. Will report back :Eeek:

Well, we spent 3 nights on our first UK site last week (Thurs-Sun). Tredegar House is a 5 stars Caravan Club site and has all the facilities claimed in the CC brochure and is as good as stated in the Alan Rogers guide. It was peaceful and picturesque. No special view but lots of trees. The Wardens were friendly and helpful and at no time did we feel 'lower class' for being in a MH. It was fairly full and approx 60% caravans, a couple of tents and the rest MHs. There was a small RV for two nights which did lower the tone :ROFLMAO: but we ignored them, of course....oh, and the Hymers :ROFLMAO:
We drove right round the site and nearly selected a pitch next to the lake. You couldn't really see the lake through the trees and hedgerow and we ended up at the top of the hill at the southern end (right in the corner at the southern end is an extra large space set well back, for very shy campers). There was some road noise, not a lot, from Pencam Way on the other side of the perimeter wall which we had reversed up to. But when I took a stroll later, I discovered that traffic noise from the A48 was significantly worse, but still bearable, at the Lake end.
Maybe I'm too fussy, but I was surprised to find that the gravel hardstandings were not level and that we, as for many others, had to use our ramps.
We drove out each day (the wardens advised us to leave a marker and we have two cones with a copy of our Registration Plate between them for this very reason) and visited Castell Coch (if you haven't you should!), the amazing Caerphilly Castle, Cardiff Bay (my daughter likes Torchwood!) and Cardiff Castle (we got away with parking across two bays lengthways, near to the coach park just to the south of the Welsh Institute of Sport. 5 mins walk from the castle! There were several commercial vans similarly parked.).
Thoroughly recommended, 9.5/10

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I'm in both and had no problems with CC wardens. Had a run in with one 'Hitler' wannabee at the C&CC site in Salisbury though. Will be renewing my CC membership, not sure about the other though.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
quote -There was a small RV for two nights which did lower the tone :ROFLMAO: but we ignored them, of course....... - end quote

errrr pardon, ::bigsmile:
dont you know that us RVers are the friendliest of folk , :Doh:we accept folk for what they are not what they are in :thumb:

and when its windy you'll not get a better windbreak

LickeyEndBlues

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 582
Exp
2years but caravanned for years
When we tugged we were members of both at varying times. Majority of our time was with CC as their Red Pennant travel insurance has knobs on. We always took it out when we toured France and given others experiences it was well worth th epeace of mind. Once we are touring again we will probably go with the CC, specifically to access the insurance and other benefits.

I do recognise what people are saying about the attitude that permeates from the CC but we never experienced that first hand.

S

stagman

Deleted User
This question must have been asked before from another newbie but I searched and cant find it.
If I only join one club what’s it to be caravan and camping club or camping club ?
Edited after reading Bob message.
Opps I meant what BobT said see below If I only join one club what’s it to be Camping & Caravanning Club or the Caravan Club
Thanks Bob

Personally don't see much benefit of being a member of either unless you are into rallying .Plenty of free information on various websites including this one , can also recommend ukcampsites.co.uk , ACSI and camping cheques :thumb:

hedgefordpete

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
cannock chase
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
im a newbie
which club?

we have been members of the c/c/c and the c/c for years, the main reason being , that we always know what to expect in the way of standards. the odd time when we have been disappointed with a site it has always been a pleasure to arrive at a club site.
we have yet to try a cl site.

we have done two rallies with the lunar caravan owners club, which we enjoyed.

we will look up the other clubs mentioned in this topic.

regards pete.:thumb:

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
quote -There was a small RV for two nights which did lower the tone :ROFLMAO: but we ignored them, of course....... - end quote

errrr pardon, ::bigsmile:
dont you know that us RVers are the friendliest of folk , :Doh:we accept folk for what they are not what they are in :thumb:

and when its windy you'll not get a better windbreak

Good point about the windbreak chatter, we'll cuddle up closer next time :thumb:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Several people have complained about dificulties booking CC sites online. We discussed this with CC wardens at Seacroft, Cromer which is always showing full. Apparently only a percentage of pitches are available online and the best way is to ring the site direct, since being told this we have always managed to get the site we want, even Christmas & New Year

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Go for both! You only have the spend five days or so with each to get your money back in membership refunds, either way, enjoy your hobby!:thumb:

I am a member of the CC, got off to a dodgy start with a particular warden early last year which made me defensive to the following sites I stayed at but I must say I've done probably 12 more since then and no problems at all, the only thing I will say is I dont subscribe to this idea that you recover your membership fees in only 5 or 6 nights, I see it as a £7 penalty for non members NOT a £7 saving for being in the club. :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back