Car/van stereo (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We currently have the standard stereo that comes with the cab. Peugeot Boxer 03. It does not have Ipod connectivity. Thinking about changing it to one that does but now thinking of various options. Switched live so that we can use it with the key out of the ignition. Or Ipod speakers for the back and not use the main stereo. Does anyone know of a stereo that would be a direct replacement with Ipod connectivity so I can avoid extra fitting charges?

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Should be no problem changing the stereo if it is a standard din fit,try having a look at the Halfords website they had several on offer with various amounts of conectivity, ie SD card,USB and I pod. it is also an easy matter to change the wiring so that you don't need to have the key in the accessory position. normaly join both the yellow and red wires from stereo to the continuous live feed via correct fuses etc. however in your case and many others I would advise that the i pod speakers would probably be a better option as it dosn't take long for a stereo to run down the vehicle battery, (I have in the past taken a seperate live feed from the secondary batteries to the stereo for customers) I have seen mini stereo systems in the likes of stores like comet that have i pod connections or docking bay this might also be an option. just another thought I am sure you can also get an FM transmitter that your i pod or mp3 player can plug into which then enables your standard stereo to tune into it's frequency just like a radio station. again Halfords or Maplins would probably stock these.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back