Car to tow

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by alivan, Jun 12, 2010.

1. alivan

alivan Read Only Funster

[FONT=&quot]Morning all, Can anyone recommend the best small car to tow with an Autotrail Scout and the equipment to tow it with. Any advise and help would be appreciated.[/FONT]

Alivan :thumb:

2. kennygd

kennygd Read Only Funster

All depends on the type of car you like and how many you actually want to carry in it, as far as I know the only automatic you can tow on an A frame would be a Smart car or similar with electronic automatic gear box, if you go for automatic it will mean a trailer, A frames seem to be the favorite but be aware, there are many on here who will give you better advice than me about towing abroad with an A frame.

3. alivan

alivan Read Only Funster

Thanks for the reply, Sorry to be slow, is an A frame the large type you drive on to? I was thinking can you get the sort that fits on the front wheels. do I have to have an auto, will be for 1 only so a small one with 2 front seats seems ok. will type in small car and have a look on the net.
    alivan

4. vwalan

vwalan Funster

there are cars with aframes for sale in the classifieds on this site ,have a look .i,m sure you will find a bargain. cheers alan.

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member