alivan

Free Member
Jan 29, 2010
UK and Europe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
[FONT=&quot]Morning all, Can anyone recommend the best small car to tow with an Autotrail Scout and the equipment to tow it with. Any advise and help would be appreciated.[/FONT]

Alivan :thumb:

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
All depends on the type of car you like and how many you actually want to carry in it, as far as I know the only automatic you can tow on an A frame would be a Smart car or similar with electronic automatic gear box, if you go for automatic it will mean a trailer, A frames seem to be the favorite but be aware, there are many on here who will give you better advice than me about towing abroad with an A frame.

OP
OP
alivan

alivan

Free Member
Jan 29, 2010
UK and Europe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks for the reply, Sorry to be slow, is an A frame the large type you drive on to? I was thinking can you get the sort that fits on the front wheels. do I have to have an auto, will be for 1 only so a small one with 2 front seats seems ok. will type in small car and have a look on the net.
alivan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there are cars with aframes for sale in the classifieds on this site ,have a look .i,m sure you will find a bargain. cheers alan.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
there are cars with aframes for sale in the classifieds on this site ,have a look .i,m sure you will find a bargain. cheers alan.

Indeed.. grab a bargain.. my Seicento is up for sale :Smile:

Link Removed

if you look at these pics of mine they show what an A frame looks like on the car

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back