Car MOTs (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2014
Devizes, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
For ten years
Don't know if any of you have used it before, but I have just discovered Servicingstopco.uk who will come and take your vehicle from home or work and get it MOT'd and bring it back later, all for £24! They will contact you if anything needs to be done and will also carry out servicing and repairs (obviously not all for £24 but reasonably priced). Backed by one of the dragons on Dragons' Den. Well worth looking at. Will do motorhomes depending on size and weight.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Don't know if any of you have used it before, but I have just discovered Servicingstopco.uk who will come and take your vehicle from home or work and get it MOT'd and bring it back later, all for £24! They will contact you if anything needs to be done and will also carry out servicing and repairs (obviously not all for £24 but reasonably priced). Backed by one of the dragons on Dragons' Den. Well worth looking at. Will do motorhomes depending on size and weight.

That's cheap as the MOT is thirty quid or so. Is the price of the MOT on top of the twenty four do you know?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I would not place so much trust in a stranger for free never mind £24

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It took me a while to find a good test station where I can watch and be involved the moment anything untoward is found. I have total trust in my new tester and that is priceless.

£24 gets you in the door then they rack up the extras to their hearts content.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Being a little asperges, I hate other people driving my vehicles. Mostly because they always move the seat, it takes me ages to get it back to the perfect position again! :cautious:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I think the point John has made is that even discounted MOT's are well in excess of £24, usually nearer £40 so collecting a car testing it and bringing it back begs the question how does it pay?
£24 doesn't even cover wages in the real world.

What if the car is damaged or worse never comes back or gets a speeding ticket :ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We use a mobile mechanic we've known for about 25 years for MoTs and servicing on the van. He charges a tenner on top of the MoT and service cost to take the van down to the centre, wait whilst the MoT is done, and bring it back.

We know that any work needed will be genuine and will be carried out to the highest standards. Well worth paying for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back