LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Centura"... Car hire in Benidorm, are advertising on the radio this morning...

From January the 1st...

4 Euros a day... :whatthe:

Hardly worth dragging a car all the way down here, if you are staying for any time..
:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

From January the 1st...

Hardly worth dragging a car all the way down here, if you are staying for any time..

Followed by "Closing Down", in Spanish of course.

That's insane.

Unless they are closing down a competitor ?

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Have you seen the car Mo? .......

images

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Benidorm has always had cheap car hire for long term stayers in winter. Many dont bother towing a car down and rent when overwintering. I always wondered if it was worth dragging a car all the way down there. Also electric buggy hire long term for those with mobility problems is as cheap as anywhere. Am also told by someone in the know that mobility scooters are much cheaper to buy in Benidorm than in the UK.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

From January the 1st...

Same applies to accommodation, is it worth paying ferry fuel camp site fee and insurance when you could be in your rented apartment within 3 hours of leaving home after picking a car up at the airport.. :winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Same applies to accommodation, is it worth paying ferry fuel camp site fee and insurance when you could be in your rented apartment within 3 hours of leaving home after picking a car up at the airport.. :winky:

That for sure is true. I recon on around £800 each way for the van and trailer from Liverpool to Benidorm. Add 450 Euros per month onto that for campsite fees. I could have a valla for the same money, BUT it would not be as much to my liking as campsite life. Over the years I have seen several people start off on the campsites, then take an apartment long term. After taking the apartment each and every one has returned to the camping the following year. My morning walk for bread each day would normally take 5 minutes max. Some days am gone for an hour.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Over the years I have seen several people start off on the campsites, then take an apartment long term. After taking the apartment each and every one has returned to the camping the following year..

Got to admit that fits us exactly. 2012 MH, 2013 Apartment, 2014 MH.

But 2014 is because we want to travel to Morocco, if we wanted weeks in Benidorm I still think Apartment is a better plan. Another factor was the weather in Feb was only just holiday weather which meant that being in a nice warm apartment was good but overall probably not good enough.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

Good point,,,,, but I don't like staying in the same place for more than a fortnight...

And being as most of our trips are at least 2 - 3 months, motorhome suits us... we can see a lot more of the country we are visiting....

Plus if we had to watch every penny...... is motor homing really for us...

We have worked hard all our lives through pitfalls and upsets.... and am going to enjoy what time I have on this earth while we can...

Certainly not going to die rich or for others to enjoy what we have worked hard for..:winky::ROFLMAO:

Every one to their own... :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

From January the 1st...til January 2nd

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back