Car hire through DoYouSpain.com? (1 Viewer)

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Would appreciate feedback/info from anyone with experience of this company. Prices seem too good to be true, any hidden costs you get hit with on collection? Apart from the excess waiver which I've got covered separately anyway.
Thanks,

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Quite a few people here at La Manga have hired cars through them. One of them paid around around €30 for 30 days hire, they had bought the insurance excess for around £40 before they came out so that's all they paid. Another one paid €16 for 30 days but then payed extra for the insurance. Brand new cars in some cases as well

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
You don't hire the car from them, they are agents who arrange things, with a car hire company!
You are in control of what you do or don't buy as extras at the point of sale!
Some car hire companies charge for a full tank of fuel and some don't.

I have used them once or twice with no problems at all!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hired through them in excess of 10+ times never had a problem, used them in Spain, canaries and Ibiza.

As mentioned above they are agents and as hiring direct always check the fuel policy

Full to full
Full to empty etc this is where they get you

Also you will asked to take out the damage waver as soon as you check in at the desk which can be a hard sell. I never bother with it just make sure you check the car out well before signing. I pick up every little mark and mark it on the paperwork "the agents have little interest once they know your not taking it out as its on comission"

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Leave well alone, lots of horror stories about them, and Goldcar and Auriga Crown as well.
We used a family firm that rents cars at Alicante and Murcia airport if anyone needs az

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Leave well alone, lots of horror stories about them, and Goldcar and Auriga Crown as well.
We used a family firm that rents cars at Alicante and Murcia airport if anyone needs az
Agreed, crossed swords with gold car last year.....never again. Spanish car hire is a jungle, check check check again and be prepared to be be robbed.

OP
OP
Candapack

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Oh dear, it was all looking good until the last two posts.
Thanks for the input folks.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
At Alicante and Murcia airports you can use EDI car hire based in Alicante, british run family firm and highly recommended by us, we used them for our month in Mojacar playa , Fiat Panda, £305 for the month, no hidden extras, brought the car to Murcia airport at 11pm for us, and collected it again after we left at 9pm at night, nuff said!.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hired through them 4 times and got really good prices . If you take a separate policy to cover the excess make sure you check the car thoroughly on collection and when you return dont just leave the keys make sure its checked in and when they do it photograph each side and windscreen along with the checkin employee. Sometimes its better to collect/return in the afternoon as less queues.
Moneysuperket.com do a good hire excess policy for £39.99 lasts a year . If you get a deal with free extra driver the policy covers this and it halves the cost if you share the car with another camper

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
As said already they are brokers bringing together the respective companies and the offers at any particular company. We have used them many times and I look for deals that are offered by the company called Firefly. This company offers Winter deals and in the last couple of months have picked up a car for around 7 euro a week. I again have an excess insurance from the Uk without issue. I have used Gold in the past and had no issues.

Feb 23, 2016
The Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c
Exp
Since 2010
Hired a car through them twice without any problems. Once pick up/return at the airport of Seville and once at the airport of Alicante. They are very cheap, at least in the wintertimes. We only had to pay for extra insurance like mentioned before. But even then very cheap.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back