LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Best deals can be had at Alicante airport during winter months.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We have used EDI car rentals, based in Alicante,but cover Murcia airport as well, family run firm with no hassle trying to sell you extras, sorry not able to provide link.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Alicante Airport gets my vote.....read the small print and know whats included and whats not.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes another vote for the airport. Anytime I have to hire one for a prolonged period It is far cheaper at the airport, 100miles away, than hiring locally.

Billggski

Free Member
Aug 6, 2013
Stone
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Just watch the fuel scam, you get charged for a full tank even if you've not used much.
Photograph the car before you accept it and note any scratches.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Even minor chips in the windscreen, as I found out to my cost when using Auriga Crown rentals at Almeria airport some years ago.!!

Gordon-G

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Bathgate/Orihuela Costa
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I use doyouspain.com, consistently find them to be cheaper than anyone else. They use all the main hire companies and if you do find anyone cheaper they will beat the quote. You can pay up front or wait till pick up and they don't have any admin costs if you have to change the booking. You can choose to pick up in airport terminal or one of the many companies that are situated outside the airport. Like I said, we always use them as find it cheaper than getting picked up from the airport by someone who does it on the fly.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
I use doyouspain.com, consistently find them to be cheaper than anyone else. They use all the main hire companies and if you do find anyone cheaper they will beat the quote. You can pay up front or wait till pick up and they don't have any admin costs if you have to change the booking. You can choose to pick up in airport terminal or one of the many companies that are situated outside the airport. Like I said, we always use them as find it cheaper than getting picked up from the airport by someone who does it on the fly.
Also use this company frequently in Spain. What is never included is the excess waiver. I take out a yearly cover for £38. Just type in excess insurance on the web and make sure it covers tyres. You will still need to leave the 800 Euro deposit on C C and I have never had an issue upon return. Yes check the car over and film it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back