Car del Mar - internet car hire brokers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Candapack, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Candapack

Candapack Funster

Anyone used them?
    Prices are good, website is quite slick, but as always, real user experience would be appreciated.

2. Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK Funster

I am afraid I have no experience of that particular company and like you tend to be a bit suspicious so always book with a big name car hire company, but my son uses many of the online brokers and on one big family holiday with both booked a car and ended up walking up to two big name rental desks in the airport and both got dealt with and handed keys to very nice cars except he had paid less.

So it can work.

3. Chris172

Chris172 Funster

Not heard or come across them before but I always use DoYouSpain.com they usually are the cheapest. My last fortnights hire came in at 1.07e... yes, 1.07c per day. There was of course the obligatory 70e fuel charge and we got a refund of 35e because we returned it half full!!!! That was in February though but the big caveat is their 'FULL' insurance which was 14e per day. The way around that is get your own 'Car Hire Excess' insurance. We go away 4 times a year so we have an annual policy for £39. Works out quite cheap.
    Who ever you go through go around the car with a fine tooth comb before you drive away and get any dent or scratch marked on the hire agreement to save any agro when you return it.