Car del Mar - internet car hire brokers (1 Viewer)

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Anyone used them?
Prices are good, website is quite slick, but as always, real user experience would be appreciated.

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
I am afraid I have no experience of that particular company and like you tend to be a bit suspicious so always book with a big name car hire company, but my son uses many of the online brokers and on one big family holiday with both booked a car and ended up walking up to two big name rental desks in the airport and both got dealt with and handed keys to very nice cars except he had paid less.

So it can work.

Mar 11, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Not heard or come across them before but I always use DoYouSpain.com they usually are the cheapest. My last fortnights hire came in at 1.07e... yes, 1.07c per day. There was of course the obligatory 70e fuel charge and we got a refund of 35e because we returned it half full!!!! That was in February though but the big caveat is their 'FULL' insurance which was 14e per day. The way around that is get your own 'Car Hire Excess' insurance. We go away 4 times a year so we have an annual policy for £39. Works out quite cheap.
Who ever you go through go around the car with a fine tooth comb before you drive away and get any dent or scratch marked on the hire agreement to save any agro when you return it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back